United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh she's great isn't she?!! Some breath control too.

That's 14min I won't get back but one of Alice's observations deserves greater circulation:

"John Murtough is working from 6am to 10pm? What as, a male prostitute?"

With apologies to Blackadder II, hope he knows the song about Squirry the Squirrel as they're going to need an awful lot of sixpences.

They are are deluded, make no mistake the shits are staring at the abyss and it's got a lovely inevitability about it.
Imagine if that was your daughter. Fucking hell

Really good points them Foggy, he definitely was a "complete control" kind of dictator wasn't he!

He was also a remnant from a time gone by too though, when all managers ran the clubs from top to toe. In the 80s, English clubs were run the same way they probably were in the 1920s - manager ran everything. It was only as the foreign managers came in that we saw the structure of clubs change and job titles change. He got lucky that he was never had to work with DoFs etc because he had the money, the birth of the PL and he won trophies. He ran it all. Strangely, the club never saw that as a problem though but it became absolutely apparent as soon as he left what a mess the club was in. That's why Moyes shouldn't have been allowed to bring his own men in, at the expense of Fergies. You wouldn't go into Barclays Bank and sack the team below the board who've worked there for years would you?

I completely agree about the financials though. They are now going to realise how hard it was for Everton, Spurs, City, Leicester etc to get into the CL without spending a LOT of money with the right manager. It's a matter of time now till someone like Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea/Liverpool or us put in a bid for their players and that player will leave because they need to play CL football. They aren't the team they once were. It's now 10 years since they last won the league and I can't see them winning it for another 10 at the minute.

Anyone can spend money but only the right manager will get you there. At this moment, Ten Haag looks like a shocking gamble. He's going to have to earn his money, rapid. I don't remember a manager at a 'top club' getting off to such a bad, bad start as this. It's almost as if the players think he is a bigger bell end than Rangnick!

Anyone who watched that yesterday couldn't help but be reminded of us in the 90s. At least we usually had some hope after a couple of games mind!
I have to say — I looked at his refusal to pull De Gea after that first half display (he was 100 pct at fault for the first two goals, and I thought wasn’t very good on the other two) as a sign of weakness. The match was lost; it would have sent a stern message that thoughtless mistakes aren’t to be tolerated. Have to believe Pep pulled Foden after 1H cuz he didn’t square it to Haaland on that one play. That was just one mistake in a game we were dominating. Now I could be completely off base about reasoning, thought process or the message — I am no manager. But if I’m right you couldn’t see a greater distinction.

Remember when the rag fans and media questioned whether Peps tika taka football would work in the prem
Yes, if by questioned, you mean “absolutely stated definitively” that it WOULDN’T work. As I recall, a certain fat bearded fuck said Pep would be ridden by Eddie Howe and torn to pieces when we started Ferny in the middle.

I thought it would try to look at the ownersip issue from their perspective.
What do they actually want?
Somone with at least 4-6 billion to buy the club.
Someone who is then going to invest more money fixing up the stadium.
Someone to invest even more money in the playing staff to make them competetive again.
Someone who understands the "United way"

Sounds reasonable however they have some conditions as they are the moral compass in all that is right and good,

This new owner must not buy the club with a leveraged buyout.
must not take any dividends from the club.
Must not be associated with any human rights issue.
must not be funded by monies derived from the oil or petrol industries.
Must not be Russian.
Must not be Chinese
Must not be from the middle east.
Must be prepared to invest their own money into the club.
Must be prepared to have protests and marches if they lose a game.
Must be prepared to be slagged off in the media by former club "legends"
Must be prepared to change managers as and when the fans get restless.
Must be prepared to outbid City for any player.
Must be prepared to be slagged off for outbidding City for said player a few months later.
Must be prepared to have games postponed if the fans get emotional and think they may lose.

I am sure i have missed other obvious conditions out so plwase feel free to add.

So in short a quite specific type of owner in mind, sounds simple enough to find otherwise why all the pressure to get rid of the Glazers
Fucking brilliant post that.

This story about flat erik having them run nearly 15 km today is pure amateur hour gold. Isn't he supposed to be well respected? Let's punish the team for being shit by running them into the ground the day after a game and cause a handful of injuries. Long may the circus continue.

Last edited:
Many years ago back in Sale I use to frequent a drinking establishment in Ashton on Mersey called The Buck. Now this said pub was full of rags and only an handful of gods own. Anyway it use to have a vault which was always pretty lively back then and decided to pop in there from the lounge to see my mate(a blue) and was given a birthday card by a rag which I opened and it said “Happy 21st Bertie blue nose”. Shortly after that banner went up at the stretford end. So my take on this is when it becomes apparent those red twats are winning nothing in the foreseeable future I want a banner like there’s but on our main screens at the ethihad. I’m not a childish vindictive type of fella but fuck the rag twats.
Even though I agree ...we're better than that

I thought it would try to look at the ownersip issue from their perspective.
What do they actually want?
Somone with at least 4-6 billion to buy the club.
Someone who is then going to invest more money fixing up the stadium.
Someone to invest even more money in the playing staff to make them competetive again.
Someone who understands the "United way"

Sounds reasonable however they have some conditions as they are the moral compass in all that is right and good,

This new owner must not buy the club with a leveraged buyout.
must not take any dividends from the club.
Must not be associated with any human rights issue.
must not be funded by monies derived from the oil or petrol industries.
Must not be Russian.
Must not be Chinese
Must not be from the middle east.
Must be prepared to invest their own money into the club.
Must be prepared to have protests and marches if they lose a game.
Must be prepared to be slagged off in the media by former club "legends"
Must be prepared to change managers as and when the fans get restless.
Must be prepared to outbid City for any player.
Must be prepared to be slagged off for outbidding City for said player a few months later.
Must be prepared to have games postponed if the fans get emotional and think they may lose.

I am sure i have missed other obvious conditions out so plwase feel free to add.

So in short a quite specific type of owner in mind, sounds simple enough to find otherwise why all the pressure to get rid of the Glazers
Excellent summary mate.
Enjoyed that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.