United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't plan to retire, certainly not for the 2013/14 season. I think he wanted one final crack at the CL, although how he hoped to win it with the squad he had I'm not sure.

But my understanding (from two very good sources) is that he saw his arse over Woodward refusing to put up the £80m he wanted to re-sign Ronaldo that summer. Woodward, undoubtedly under instructions from the Glazers, would only offer him £30m net, and told him he would have to find the rest via sales. So he stormed off and rang Moyes.

The irony is that, since he went and the Glazers have realised how much he brought to the party, they've thrown more and more money at the problem. If Woodward had said "Fine. We'll give you whatever you need" in April 2013, they might have saved much of the subsequent money they've wasted on dross.
They would probably only have been delaying the day of reckoning.

Even as we write 100 million fans have changed from red to blue. Massive shirt sales in Singapore.
I was in an airport in South Korea not long ago, busy airport to flights coming in from multiple countries and long lines at immigration. Saw a lot of young lads in city shirts.

But they have spent more money in transfers and wages than any other club. If they had spent say what Spurs had spent you would have an argument.
He has a perfectly valid argument.

Why do people keep trotting out this absurd line that the problem isn’t the Glazers because of the money they’ve spent. It’s a ridiculous argument. Does that mean if they’d spent twice as much with the same outcome they’d be even better owners?

Just because they’ve sanctioned more money being spent than any other club, it doesn’t mean they are competent owners. Are you suggesting if you put a five year old in charge who sanctioned a billion pounds in transfers that they’d be an effective owner?

It should be clear to anyone that the useless cunts haven’t got a fucking clue what they are doing.

Do you honestly think otherwise? If so, why?

Last edited:
I'm finding their demise very funny. However a few things came to mind. The sense of self entitlement of their fans including the likes of Neville is astonishing. Your club doesn't have a god given right to success, no club does, it has to be earned by hard work and good management.

They haven't fallen anywhere near far enough imo, there's a long way to go before their fans can seriously start feeling sorry for themselves, so quit your moaning. Annoyingly given their endless spending i feel they are very unlikely to get relegated.

Neville seems to think their demise is down solely to the Glazers? I find this a bit strange? Are these the same owners that have given their managers more money to spend on transfers than any other club in the PL since Fergusson left? utd also have by far the biggest wage bill of any PL club? They have also hired two of the worlds top managers in Mourinho and Van Gaal? Sure the owners have taken money out of the club, but compared to the rest of the PL, including City they have been more generous with their spending than everybody else ?

So I don't see what Neville is actually moaning about?

The problems at utd run deeper and I'm sure involve Fergusson still hanging around the club as others have said. Its a cop out for the likes of Neville to blame the Glazers for the on field pitch problems. Sure their stadium could do with a lick of paint or more , but he wouldn't be bleating about this if they had won the PL in recent times? Last Summer he was very quiet when Ronaldo was returning and some had tipped them to challenge. He's fickle, shallow and being disingenuous laying all the blame at the foot of the glazers. The media and other pundits don't hold him to account either?

Anyway lets all sit back and enjoy their fall.

Neville had no issues taking money out of the club even though he was basically crocked for a few seasons and knew in the back of his mind he was done, to the point he did eventually call it a day mid season. But he knew for a long time he was done. He was on serious money at the time too.

Anyway United fans need to realise they haven’t been a force now for 10 years. That’s a LONG time in football. They still think they are a major player, they’re not and become less of one each year. Do I think they would go down? no, but it’s not beyond possibility. Loads of yesteryears big clubs have been relegated before after years of slipping further away from glory days.

He has a perfectly valid argument.

Why do people keep trotting out this absurd line that the problem isn’t the Glazers because of the money they’ve spent. It’s a ridiculous argument. Does that mean if they’d spent twice as much with the same outcome they’d be even better owners?

Just because they’ve sanctioned more money being spent than any other club, it doesn’t mean they are competent owners. Are you suggesting if you put a five year old in charge who sanctioned a billion pounds in transfers that they’d be an effective owner?

It should be clear to anyone that the useless cunts haven’t got a fucking clue what they are doing.

Do you honestly think otherwise? If so, why?
Do you think they are making decisions on a day to day basis. The issue i think is that they have kept Fegusson on the board. They have installed a management team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.