United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute circus and it's fantastic.

Neville spent months talking about how patience was crucial and how the club shouldn't look to a short term man like Conte but instead move for Poch. I believe it was Micah trying to tell him that was nonsense, but Neville knows best. He was convinced a 5 year plan was needed, like had been seen with Liverpool and City.

Yet here we are, two games into the tenure of Ten Hag and already he's riling up the mob to come and tear chunks out of the swamp. That game next Monday isn't happening. He's moaning about the ground, the players, the owners. He can't make his mind up. The owners have put in cash to buy a lot of players. Maguire, Fernandes, Sancho that other lad who is shite that they spent on from Ajax. The fact is, they're a team that is completely shit and has no confidence and a team that all others want to hammer into the ground. If they were given time, I think they'd turn things around under Ten Hag. But they'll keep kicking off and it will only lead to more disharmony and more poor performances.

And I'll be there watching on the box just like I was at 5.30pm lapping it all up with a big fucking smile.

I must confess I am one of them. I used to be a rag, and switched to be a blue.

In my defence, that was when I was 4, and for the past 57 years I have been pure blue.
Glad to know that you safely got by the bout of mumps you obviously suffered as a wee lad.
Heard they can be very disorientating

Its already evident that TH is out of his depth, he's been sold the dream (and it wasn't the Glaziers) about United thinking he can bring some 70's style Dutch total football to the PL on a shoestring "Ill buy Dutch" only players.

That's a little unfair on ten Hag, I think. He hasn't become a bad coach overnight. Personally, I don't know what he was thinking, going there, but given time and the players he wants, he will be able to get them playing football. Will take a few windows, though. Questions are: will he be allowed a few seasons of mid-table mediocrity, and will he be able to get the players he wants?

The little Rat was positively giddy when the show pony signed.

That video makes me laugh “he’s coming home!”

What? To the club he couldn’t wait to leave first time when Real Madrid were sniffing around. And the club he’s trying to force his way out of now after a year

I’ve always been under the impression that Ronaldo doesn’t love Man United in the way the fans like to think he does. I think he has massive respect for Ferguson and he was a big part of his life as a young man. But the reality is that he’s never shown any loyalty to Utd, nothing wrong with that if he sees a better opportunity, it’s his career but the fans would have you believe he’s Man Utd to the core. He isn’t.

I bet if you got him alone and he answered honestly, he would say Real Madrid is the team he loves from his career.

Absolute circus and it's fantastic.

Neville spent months talking about how patience was crucial and how the club shouldn't look to a short term man like Conte but instead move for Poch. I believe it was Micah trying to tell him that was nonsense, but Neville knows best. He was convinced a 5 year plan was needed, like had been seen with Liverpool and City.

Yet here we are, two games into the tenure of Ten Hag and already he's riling up the mob to come and tear chunks out of the swamp. That game next Monday isn't happening. He's moaning about the ground, the players, the owners. He can't make his mind up. The owners have put in cash to buy a lot of players. Maguire, Fernandes, Sancho that other lad who is shite that they spent on from Ajax. The fact is, they're a team that is completely shit and has no confidence and a team that all others want to hammer into the ground. If they were given time, I think they'd turn things around under Ten Hag. But they'll keep kicking off and it will only lead to more disharmony and more poor performances.

And I'll be there watching on the box just like I was at 5.30pm lapping it all up with a big fucking smile.
Donny Van de Beek is like that character Gordan in the thunderbirds who was sent up to the space station out of the way, and only got the call from Tracy Island when Virgil or Scott were out with their missus at the weekend.

Old Trafford is go, or not in this case.

That's a little unfair on ten Hag, I think. He hasn't become a bad coach overnight. Personally, I don't know what he was thinking, going there, but given time and the players he wants, he will be able to get them playing football. Will take a few windows, though. Questions are: will he be allowed a few seasons of mid-table mediocrity, and will he be able to get the players he wants?
Was he a good coach in the first place though?

In my defence, that was when I was 4, and for the past 57 years I have been pure blue.
Changing teams when you're of infant or primary school age is a lot different to changing teams when you're 15 or 16 and have been regularly following the team you've deserted. We had it once with a lad near us. He was regularly watching City at home as a 16/17 year old, and also went to the odd away game. Used to mock me at the time as it was before I started going regularly. Anyway, I started to address that in the 88/89 promotion season. Thing is, at that same time he started going to the odd United game with a few of his mates. Myself and a United fan quizzed him on it and he claimed he was still a blue and it was just something to do when City were away. Turns out that was bollocks because not long afterwards I saw him in the street and he giddily pulled a "Reds on Tour" t-shirt out of his bag. I couldn't believe what I was seeing - this was at the back end of the season and he was still going to our games. We were all at the Palace game on May Day bank holiday Monday 1989 - even the United fan came along to that one, although he wasn't supporting us to be fair - and lo and behold, that summer he became a fully fledged Rag. The United fan never fully accepted him because he couldn't get his head round it.

snap. My Dad was(is) red and so was I until I went to school and my first mate I made at Infants (or whatever the hell it is called now) was a City fan so I changed for that reason. I spent 30+ years totally pissed off with my first mate for that reason, but he is totally forgiven now

Some great points. Sure, the Glazers have to take some responsibility for the shit show but a lot of it comes down to decisions made by people further down the food chain. I suppose you could blame the Glazers for appointing those people who keep making these shit decisions but there's an argument that these people have enough footballing knowledge (something the owners don't really possess) to be doing a far better job.

What I don't get is that successive managers have come in and brought their own entourage with them, yet when success doesn't materialise the blame gets put on the Glazers. Apart from "yes man" Solskjaer, and the various caretaker appointments, these are all proper managers that have done a decent job elsewhere - Moyes, van Gaal, Mourinho, and now Ten Hag. All these people have brought their own men in so it's not like the Glazers have denied them anything. Not only that, the Glazers have delivered many players that these managers and the fans wanted but when they don't do their jobs properly it suddenly becomes the fault of the Glazers and nobody else. Seriously, will United's problems go away overnight if they were to appoint a Director Of Football?

I don't know how much Ferguson is to blame for all this, but his continued presence in the background can't be helping matters. And he's certainly to blame for the Glazers getting their hands on the club in the first place.
I was talking to a couple of Manchester rags who witnessed the Dennis Law back heel, so have the so called history about them, who believe it's 100% the Glazers fault and won't have a bad word spoken about the pisscan. It's all about the £1.5B fleeced from the club by their owners and the being saddled with debt. Their eyes glazed over (pun intended) when I tried to point out that this was a normal yank business model and the profit taken out was probably only equivalent to the excess commercial deals that they themselves had negotiated so was only fair.
Blind leading the blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.