United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the rags at work has been on holiday these last two weeks.

He’s a decent lad, who has been very helpful to me moving into a new district.

But at the start of last season, after PR37 signed for them, he was so full of it, he was unbearable.

Tomorrow, when I see him, I’m going to ask where he’s been! Brighton or Brentford?
Just a little update on my day with the above-mentioned rag.

I asked him where he’d been on holiday, Brighton or Brentford, and he wouldn’t answer me.

Thereafter, every time I walked past him, I looked at him with a broad grin on my face. He didn’t look at me once all day.

I took a great deal of pleasure from his obvious pain.

They bang on about poor signings but who was the last player that the fans were unhappy with when they signed.

They were all very happy with CR37, Sancho, Varane, MaGuire, Sanchez, Fred, Pogba, Shaw, Goofy fucker, Erickson, Telles, Wan Bissaka, when they signed them. They all thought it improved them as a team. Now they use them as examples to berate the owners.
Up until the time the clocks went back last Autumn most United fans, and lots of the press, thought their window had been so good they would be in a title challenge. The same, including a fair few posters on here, thought Liverpool were past it and would struggle to scrape third.

Was he a good coach in the first place though?
That’s the thing, he’s only won where he’s expected to win, so the jury is out.

People say that about Pep, having managed Barca, Bayern and us, but the difference is that he’s proven he can manage top level players, superstars etc. many managers crumble under those pressures. Pep has had stiffer competition with the likes of Real, Liverpool etc too.

Ten Hag had done nothing really except win the Dutch league with the biggest club there.

Who knows, Maybe he isn’t that good and Ronaldo sussed it out and wants away. Say what you want about Ronaldo, as self centred as he is, he knows football and It’s not like he has a long history was being too problematic with managers, he’s usually seemed ok in that respect and he has worked under some of the best managers around. When you have played under some of the worlds best managers since a very young age, I think you would quickly suss out someone who is not anywhere near that level. Maybe that’s part of it.

Yep, no moaning then about the Glazers or the stadium.

He was talking about them definitely challenging for trophies a year ago.
This time last year, I think he said that the current best 4 teams in Europe were English - City, United, Liverpool, and Chelsea. He might've even said it just before Ronaldo signed. It's fucking hilarious seeing the revisionism.

Edit: Here are the quotes - made just after Ronaldo signed:

Former Manchester United defender Gary Neville assessed the current level of the top clubs of the Premier League.

"I don't think I've seen four teams in the history of the Premier League that would be better than the current top 4. And I don't think I've seen the Premier League so good in terms of the quality of the teams.

Perhaps the four best teams in the world are gathered in England. Liverpool's starting line-up, if fit, is probably the best squad in the Premier League. And no one is even talking about Liverpool at the moment!

Manchester City is exceptional, Chelsea is incredibly strong, Manchester United with the arrival of Ronaldo, Varane and Sancho is somewhere nearby.

We have never had a championship race of four teams - it can happen this season. The games we watched were good. They had a good atmosphere, the speed of the game, the athleticism of the players.

What we are seeing is an absolute top level" Neville said.

Neville wasn't bleating about the Glazers a year ago. He thought they had had a very good transfer window and the signings would bring a winning mentality and only Chelsea and City would pip them to the title.
From this we can ascertain that Neville is eithrr
a) an imbecile that hasn't got a clue about football (exhibit a m'lud, Valencia)
b) has a hidden agenda (exhibit b m'lud Peter Lam takeover)
c) an obnoxious slimy, two faced toad that will do or say anything to make him look like his hero Roy Keane.

I'm going for a and c.

Just a little update on my day with the above-mentioned rag.

I asked him where he’d been on holiday, Brighton or Brentford, and he wouldn’t answer me.

Thereafter, every time I walked past him, I looked at him with a broad grin on my face. He didn’t look at me once all day.

I took a great deal of pleasure from his obvious pain.
I know 3 utd fans who are now massive Stockport County, Radcliffe Boro and Macclesfield fans and no longer follow the mighty reds.
These 3 clowns was the loudest, cockiest and gobbiest twats out there, full of it for years, text after text giving it the big one.

Now they've thrown their toys out of the pram because operation win everything has gone tits up.

The most fickle, transparent set of cunts I've ever known. They deserve all the shite in the world.

From this we can ascertain that Neville is eithrr
a) an imbecile that hasn't got a clue about football (exhibit a m'lud, Valencia)
b) has a hidden agenda (exhibit b m'lud Peter Lam takeover)
c) an obnoxious slimy, two faced toad that will do or say anything to make him look like his hero Roy Keane.

I'm going for a and c.
Lol

I was talking to a couple of Manchester rags who witnessed the Dennis Law back heel, so have the so called history about them, who believe it's 100% the Glazers fault and won't have a bad word spoken about the pisscan. It's all about the £1.5B fleeced from the club by their owners and the being saddled with debt. Their eyes glazed over (pun intended) when I tried to point out that this was a normal yank business model and the profit taken out was probably only equivalent to the excess commercial deals that they themselves had negotiated so was only fair.
Blind leading the blind.
I hope you pointed out the biggest transfer spend and highest wage bill when they moaned about the money taken out of their club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.