United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, but mate, finishing outside top 8 is hardly rock bottom … I’m looking more at a season opener away at Preston in the Championship, now that’s a good rock bottom for them !
I'm figuring "rock bottom" -- for THIS season -- is yet to come, but that they will pull out a few victories over a couple of more hapless sides eventually and muddle around mid-table. The donut thief isn't going to make side-deflating mistakes like his first half to crush their spirit in every match (I mean, I HOPE he does, but he won't).

But however they finish this year, effectively the entire side needs replacing, as does the manager, the management, the board, the owners, the academy management and system, the ground, the commercial deals and the attitude that they are superior/entitled to success in any way, shape or form.

And even then, they're going to need to rebuild in the face of much, much stiffer competition in England from us, and a host of other clubs.

The ultimate "rock bottom" is still a looooooong way off. Keep the faith brother! :)

But however they finish this year, effectively the entire side needs replacing, as does the manager, the management, the board, the owners, the academy management and system, the ground, the commercial deals and the attitude that they are superior/entitled to success in any way, shape or form.
But apart from that……… it’s all good then.

057194-DE-3967-4-EDB-9-C15-127-C9-C47806-B.jpg

On the bench.
Reverse cowgirl.

Reactions: flb
I posted earlier about the decision to sign Martinez. ETH must have wanted Martinez - he cost £57 million after all - either he turns into a Baresi type of playmaker out from the back and confounds us all or something like Puyol - or he is a busted flush and totally unsuited to the EPL. The early evidence doesn't look good.

Yes, that an interesting one. I am sure ten Hag has his reasons, but right now it is difficult to see it.

As there are rumours of unrest before, during or after the game against the dippers, will the FA or PL (or even Sky) contact the club and local plod to ensure adequate measures are in place to stop things getting out of hand?
It will be funny if the dippers are four up and the rags get the game abandoned though.
The dipper meltdown would be a thing of beauty.
The whole if Scandinavia and Ireland would be in mourning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.