United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the scum have got rid off Shinguard, Pogshit, their number two or three keeper who should have been their number one but they couldn’t do that as they had given the doughnut thief a huge pay rise, Cavani Mata and Matic (have I missed anyone) and the leaks are still happening, the question has to be asked who is it. The prancing pony, Rashford / his agent, GPC, Ratboy on behalf of a potential new buyer, all three or someone else

Yes, that an interesting one. I am sure ten Hag has his reasons, but right now it is difficult to see it.
If it was me, I'd have started the season with Varane and Slab (or maybe LIndelof if he's still at the club) and eased Martinez in very gently. Varane is levels above any of their CBs and he's benched him !

But apart from that……… it’s all good then.
It is good . . . for us.

My fear is that the Glazers do the sensitivity analysis and expected value calculus on truly dire/nightmare scenarios (the chances of which have increased), realize the risk of a significant revenue drop-off is more plausible now, and start shopping the club before the brand erodes even more and the competitive threat intensifies (from Toon, e.g., or Arsenal, or others).

The Utd supporters who want them gone are too late this year because they've already bought their season tickets. Boycotting games now does nothing. What they need to do is start a non-renewal movement for next season now. But something positive will happen in some way that keeps them coming back for more. Assuming no CL again for 23-24, my read is that the commercial income starts eroding due to down broadcast income and the no-CL trip clause in the Adidas contract (and maybe in others). If Utd fans can negatively impact game day revs for 23-24 that will be a further blow. But they won't, not in numbers enough to impact the club (especially if there really is a "waiting list"). Football fans have endless hopium.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.