United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realise he had left for Newcastle.
&
So that we could get the next Cucarella for 16m rather than faffing about trying to land him for 40m. Our scouting system is ood but like anything else, it can always be improved upon.

On a side note: unless you want to come across as an overbearing twat/ drama queen, one question mark is always more than enough.
Wtf????? ;)

&
So that we could get the next Cucarella for 16m rather than faffing about trying to land him for 40m. Our scouting system is ood but like anything else, it can always be improved upon.

On a side note: unless you want to come across as an overbearing twat/ drama queen, one question mark is always more than enough.
Why??????

Popcorn at the ready for Monday...........its going to be epic.

We literally cannot lose.
Scouse batter them...fully expected and giggles all round at Uniteds expense and watch the protesters make complete twats of themselves in a massive shitshow.
A surprising draw.......both teams hopefully a further 2 points behind us and much wringing of hands in scouseland
United win.............fits of laughter as the protesters don't know what to do and RAWK goes into meltdown. The youtube football world declare the League is over for clicks and views.

I don’t mind a United win because It’s hilarious when they win a game and think they’ve turned a corner and then back to being garbage the next week.

Still, I kind of like the idea of them sitting rock bottom of the league after 3 games, so I sort of hope Liverpool thrash them. Their confidence will be shot to bits if they end up with something like 1 or 2 points, 5 games into the season.

Not that I like to see Liverpool win either but it’s early in the season and the comedy value of United making an absolutely horrendous start and can’t win or even draw a game under Ten Fags is too good to let go right now.

&

In fairness to the multiple ? I found you wanting to sign Dan Ashworth as worthy of them

Do you really think we didn’t know about Cucarella? Do you think we operate in the same transfer space as Brighton? Were we in the market for a left back last season?

Pretty certain the answer is no to all of them, so what makes you believe Dan Ashworth, who has helped turn Brighton into a mid table team, would improve on a scouting system of the best club in England? Who would he be replacing? Txiki currently does the same job at City so were you looking to replace him?

On a side note, unless you want to come across as a pedantic twat, don’t pull someone up on the amount of question marks they use ;)

Last edited:
Haven't we just bought Gomez and Alvarez for less than 16M each?
Fair point (and I can see why you made it, I you only read the post you quoted) but a moot one, all the same.
My original point was the person in charge of Brighton's recruitment was/is excellent at his job and would have been a positive addition to us (and is what United need above anything else right now).

In fairness to the multiple ? I found you wanting to sign Dan Ashworth as worthy of them

Do you really think we didn’t know about Cucarella? Do you think we operate in the same transfer space as Brighton? Were we in the market for a left back last season?

Pretty certain the answer is no to all of them, so what makes you believe Dan Ashworth, who has helped turn Brighton into a mid table team, would improve on a scouting system of the best club in England?

On a side note, unless you want to come across as a pedantic twat, don’t pull someone up on the amount of question marks they use ;)
How many can you use ???????

Fair point (and I can see why you made it, I you only read the post you quoted) but a moot one, all the same.
My original point was the person in charge of Brighton's recruitment was/is excellent at his job and would have been a positive addition to us (and is what United need above anything else right now).
I agree that the recruitment team are very good at their jobs at Brighton but of course they are pretty much forced to look at unproven players within a certain budget that will have some future profit when they sell them on. We aren't forced to work under those constraints quite so much. We are generally looking more at established players that can make an instant impact. As such they are somewhat different roles.

In any case, I think our recruitment team have shown themselves excellent at their jobs too.

&

???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.