United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the Davy Jones one?
Rebekah Vardy’s lost WhatsApp messages referred to in the Colleen Rooney trial were suggested by m’learned counsel to lie in Davy Jones’s Locker.

“Mrs Rooney’s barrister David Sherborne said Caroline Watt was “filming the coastline” while on a boat trip in Scotland and dropped her phone, with Ms Watt “unable to retrieve it”.

Mr Sherborne said on Thursday it was a “shame” that messages between journalists – who had allegedly been leaked stories – and Ms Watt were “lying at the bottom of the sea in Davy Jones’ locker”.

Ms Vardy replied: “Who is Davy Jones?”

Not very nice from the barrister, but that’s what you get when you go to court.

My daughter, Kay, 37yo is going to be starting dialysis at home in the very near future, prior to a kidney transplant.
She is to all, intents and purposes, blind and can't walk.
How she copes is so brave and I feel so down that I can't do much to help.
Type 2 is terrible.
I have type 2 but I am not anywhere near as bad as my daughter is.
A group may be of some help, to share our experiences.
Life's a woman.
Let me send my love to you and your daughter, to CrazyG and Dad'n'lad. I know exactly what you're going through. I also salute your courage, not just courage in facing up to kidney disease/failure but in using things you love like City (or hate, like the rags) to help you through. Life is a woman and it's not deserved is it?
I had 6% kidney function and did peritoneal dialysis at home, mobile peritoneal dialysis and ended up with haemodialysis 3 times a week at MRI. All told 6 years and in the end 12 false call ups for a transplant. Its harder than one thinks living on 600ml of fluid per day because you can't wee. I am one of the lucky ones who has had a transplant since Christmas Eve 2012 and my kidney function is around 33-36% which gives me a quality of life I couldn't have dreamed of 10 years ago. So there is hope. There are good medical advances.
I had difficulty accepting my luck when others are still waiting and still do. I say to myself that many people think I'm a nice guy so why not me? But there's no supranational. There are other times when I take the gift I've got for granted so I'm actually not that nice a guy at times.
Sorry for going off topic but to bring it back, have hated United ever since the age of 7 in 1971.

And I thought I had it bad. Please send her my best wishes and hope that her transplant is a great success.
When you say Type 2,is that Diabetes type 2? I also have that, in addition to stage 5 renal failure, but at least I'm now, hopefully, going to improve with dialysis. Unfortunately, I'm not in the running for a transplant, so this is for life.

How are you and your family coping with it? I've found that, since my diagnosis, me and my girls are a lot closer to each other emotionally, which is a great source of comfort.
Thank you for your good wishes.
Yes, type 2 diabetes is the cause of Kays' problems.
Medical science keeps evolving so your situation could improve.
An example would be growing artificial kidneys in a lab perhaps.

Our family bonds have grown stronger on the whole, but there are a couple of issues which need resolving.

Good luck and keep on keeping on!

Let me send my love to you and your daughter, to CrazyG and Dad'n'lad. I know exactly what you're going through. I also salute your courage, not just courage in facing up to kidney disease/failure but in using things you love like City (or hate, like the rags) to help you through. Life is a woman and it's not deserved is it?
I had 6% kidney function and did peritoneal dialysis at home, mobile peritoneal dialysis and ended up with haemodialysis 3 times a week at MRI. All told 6 years and in the end 12 false call ups for a transplant. Its harder than one thinks living on 600ml of fluid per day because you can't wee. I am one of the lucky ones who has had a transplant since Christmas Eve 2012 and my kidney function is around 33-36% which gives me a quality of life I couldn't have dreamed of 10 years ago. So there is hope. There are good medical advances.
I had difficulty accepting my luck when others are still waiting and still do. I say to myself that many people think I'm a nice guy so why not me? But there's no supranational. There are other times when I take the gift I've got for granted so I'm actually not that nice a guy at times.
Sorry for going off topic but to bring it back, have hated United ever since the age of 7 in 1971.
Let's not derail the thread.
The word SCUM comes to mind.
(In case no one mentioned it!)

;- )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.