United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really didn’t want to see De Jong join them, but Casemiro I really wouldn’t be that arsed about. He’d obviously improve them, but not enough to justify those figures.

He strikes me as a car crash waiting to happen.

30 years old, 5 year contract on over £300k/week, as far a I can tell he doesn't speak english at all, he's the exact opposite type of defensive midfielder they were looking for a week ago.

On top of that the Real side he was in was not what you'd call defensively solid, they were a very individual driven side that did badly whenever people tried to put a system in place (Lopetegui, Benitez) and he's going to get the rudest awakening possible when he sees how far he's dropping.

I just dont understand why Casemiro would go to the Rags. At 30, you would want to play in the CL. Its not like Neymar who went to PSG to be the prime player. Only logical conclusion seems to be that Madrid must have asked him to fuck off.

Also does this mean De Jong is off?

That's at least 350 mil with salaries and fee agents. They haven't spent that since Mou.
They've already spent 45m on martinez and 15m on malaria. Casmeiro done for 65m min maybe 70m. That's 125m. Plus they've just had a 65m bid rejected for Antony per ornstein and top ajax source. That would have been 190m and that's without the other rb and cm that the English journalists are saying they want. They are spending massive- glazers feel under pressure due to potential buyers but also in their interest ro secure champions league this year if they do sell as higher price

They've already spent 45m on martinez and 15m on malaria. Casmeiro done for 65m min maybe 70m. That's 125m. Plus they've just had a 65m bid rejected for Antony per ornstein and top ajax source. That would have been 190m and that's without the other rb and cm that the English journalists are saying they want. They are spending massive- glazers feel under pressure due to potential buyers but also in their interest ro secure champions league this year if they do sell as higher price

They lose 1/3 of their Adidas sponsorship if they don't qualify for the CL this year and we don't know how many other sponsors have similar arrangements.

I just dont understand why Casemiro would go to the Rags. At 30, you would want to play in the CL. Its not like Neymar who went to PSG to be the prime player. Only logical conclusion seems to be that Madrid must have asked him to fuck off.

He knows the writing is on the wall for him at Madrid due to Tcouhameni coming in. Also, the way they are chucking cash about (65m bid just rejected for antony) I wouldn't rule out de jong still

Maybe he knew Real wouldn't offer another contract and knew he wouldn't get as good as contract anywhere else.

utd are mad with their spending. constantly spending fortunes on older players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.