United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neville on a new podcast (Diary of a CEO) saying City will never be as big as utd. Don't have the history apparently.

To be fair to him (and not saying I agree with him fully) he speaks well on other stuff to do with politics, mental health, the media in this country etc.
Is Stephen Bartlett a rag ?

This is just further proof how much they are struggling to recruit. Not having champs league is big, but anyone with a brain (or at least a decent agent) can see that club is in free-fall. The short term-ism has riddled them for years, they got in Ten Haag but it should have been complemented with scouting players beforehand that 1. would come 2. are capable of playing the system 3. players that Ten Haag actually wants. They are just using their standard scattergun approach only to pay over the odds for a player just so the fans think they have got someone in. They'll win games just like they did last season, but the transition required to play Ten Haag's style of football from anything they're used to with these players, it's gonna be worse at the start but maybe start picking up a bit at the end. I really can't believe they've not replaced DDG, in fact its fucking piss funny.

The narrative that the Scum squad is ageing doesn't actually hold water.

The average age of the two teams in the last match was as follows.
  • MCFC - Starting eleven 27.93yrs, Substitutes 24.70yrs
  • Scum - Starting eleven 28.09yrs, Substitutes 24.73yrs
Hardly anything between us other than we have better quality players.

They never learn. Good player that papers over the cracks for 1 season then they are left with a player on a fortune who will stop running.

Keep it up utd :-)

Agree they haven’t got an ageing team they just have a shite team

Is Stephen Bartlett a rag ?

I hope so, he's a cockwomble of the highest order. I went to listen to an episode of his podcast and got as far as the introduction before switching it off: ''This is the diary of a CEO. I hope no one is listening, but if you are, keep it to yourself.''

Your not telling me Ten Bob has been part of this whole transfer pantomime, if he is then he's coming across as a clown and if he isn't,t an even bigger clown. Either way the shit show goes on :-)

This is the first time in his career he's been in charge of transfers. Overmars was in control for Ajax when he managed them

Linked by age : Seperated by success

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.