United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he’s anything like Fernandinho they’ll get 5 years out of him.

I don't know much about how he plays, but can he play the way ten Hag wants? If he can he may be a good acquisition for two or three years, which will give them some time to replce the rest of the disasters in the team. The aim for them must be to get a ten Hag team together over, say, two years surely?

How utd fans can complain about their owners spending I don't know. They've spent 100s millions.

Has anyone got any idea on how they're doing with regards to ffp rules? Are wages part of the calculations? They don't seem to sell players just buy big names and let them go for free.
david gill ring fenced the cartel

Wait till you get to the stage, like me, where people offer their seat on a bus and you take it.
Passed that some time ago. Tbf, I have trouble standing up (painful hips) so I always accept the offer.
Benefit of being old and doddery: GP, 2 serious consultants, 1 physio, 1 stick, regular tests on blood, blood pressure and all points west, full body scans, Hearing aids, piles of meds, Glasses: all Paid for by the lovely generous taxpayer. Thanks people.

Last edited:
As with pretty much every signing made by them over the past 5+ years, there is no plan. They’ll just play him and expect him to perform like he did at Madrid, it’s another one that will end in tears.

Honestly don’t think they could be run any worse if a Blue was in charge…
He's obviously an exceptional player, but yeah I just can't quite figure out how he'll slot into their current midfield trying to play something that resembles Ajax-Barca-City ball. He's literally been the shithouse player in the most successful team designed to stop that brand of football. Unless he changes his game you then need another new one or two midfielders to play alongside him (assuming Erikson can sort of do a Luka Modric impression) and you're either going to leave a tonne of space between the front three and midfield or the back four and midfield. City and Arsenal will get through that from three press with ease and Liverpool and Spurs will just bypass him over the top.

But like you say maybe they're going to drop him in and see what happens.

Rinsed by Real for a player signed 4 year later than needed who may take time to adapt and be sent off a few times if wound up

He's obviously an exceptional player, but yeah I just can't quite figure out how he'll slot into their current midfield trying to play something that resembles Ajax-Barca-City ball. He's literally been the shithouse player in the most successful team designed to stop that brand of football. Unless he changes his game you then need another new one or two midfielders to play alongside him (assuming Erikson can sort of do a Luka Modric impression) and you're either going to leave a tonne of space between the front three and midfield or the back four and midfield. City and Arsenal will get through that from three press with ease and Liverpool and Spurs will just bypass him over the top.

But like you say maybe they're going to drop him in and see what happens.

As I thought, he's not a ten Hag-style player. Let's see how this works out .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.