United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rags transfer policy has been - "Oh, City want (insert players' name), he must be good. Whatever they offer, we need to offer more and get the player, we can't have City nicking the best players you know, I mean they are only ickle after all..."

Regarding the rumoured slabhead to Chelsea move, remember Veron going there? He was also poor at the swamp.
(Then there was the Torres from the dippers move).
It seems the chavs are happy to subsidise other clubs by getting their dross/past their best players off the wage bill.
Rags and dippers, 2 cheeks of the same arse.

If the rags get Cashmoro then I think it is fair to say they have had a better transfer window than us.
Our problem was we just dived in and signed the first forward we saw.
The rags have taken their time, weighed up the market, discussed at length the pros and cons of how he will fit in with the system Ten Bob wants. Forward planning is everything.

I for one am not biting, let’s see if anyone else takes a nibble

As I thought, he's not a ten Hag-style player. Let's see how this works out .....
I don't watch Madrid weekly, but I think he could do a decent Fernandinho box to box job, but I'm not as sure whether he'd be as comfortable getting and releasing the ball facing his own goal and passing out. So you'd need to put a Modric type player alongside him which, as far as I can tell, means if your front three are pressing you've just created all the space in the world if you get out of a press currently featuring Sancho, Ronaldo and Rashford (so pretty much half the league). You can do a type of Ancelotti-ball reasonably deep block, which is where he's done a spectacular job for Real, but at that point why get Ten Hag in if you wanted a liquid, pressing coach?

I don't watch Madrid weekly, but I think he could do a decent Fernandinho box to box job, but I'm not as sure whether he'd be as comfortable getting and releasing the ball facing his own goal and passing out. So you'd need to put a Modric type player alongside him which, as far as I can tell, means if your front three are pressing you've just created all the space in the world if you get out of a press currently featuring Sancho, Ronaldo and Rashford (so pretty much half the league). You can do a type of Ancelotti-ball reasonably deep block, which is where he's done a spectacular job for Real, but at that point why get Ten Hag in if you wanted a liquid, pressing coach?
None of it makes any sense. Still. I have no idea what they are doing other than trying to keep the riff-raff quiet. What must ten Hag be thinking?

In theory this sorts out their DM issues as fred and mctoiney are shite, but does fuck all to sort out the shitshow of a defence and bang average attack.

More papering over the cracks with a buy they obviously didn't have in the managers original plans

Last edited:
None of it makes any sense. Still. I have no idea what they are doing other than trying to keep the riff-raff quiet. What must ten Hag be thinking?
I suppose he's thinking anything but McFred. This at least allows them to do something that resembles a 4-3-3, and they can either go pragmatic and a deep version of that with Real as a template or you just run a Pep style 4-3-3 press and if you get battered some games so be it, as Klopp did in his first season. I could see it working insofar as it gets them a bit closer to the top four but it needs ETH to be around in three years and every transfer decision from herein to be complementing the plan, which remains to be seen.

I suppose he's thinking anything but McFred. This at least allows them to do something that resembles a 4-3-3, and they can either go pragmatic and a deep version of that with Real as a template or you just run a Pep style 4-3-3 press and if you get battered some games so be it, as Klopp did in his first season. I could see it working insofar as it gets them a bit closer to the top four but it needs ETH to be around in three years and every transfer decision from herein to be complementing the plan, which remains to be seen.
United … ‘press’!!!

Ronaldo, Rashford and Sancho have no concept of how to do that as a team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.