United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

6th-10th written all over it.

2 bang average full backs (the new lad doesn't look as bad as Dalot but it's still early).
3 forwards who you'd be massively surprised if they scored more than 10 league goals each.
5ft 9 centre half who has already shown his vulnerabilities.
2 serial champions league winners who Real couldn't wait to offload.
A keeper learning to play out from the back at 31 years old.
A midfielder still getting over a serious heart problem.
& a player who doesn't stop sulking when things aren't going his way.

But other than that, it looks great.

I think ten hag is buying the right players but they're having to pay through the nose, and accept lessv than what he actually wants.
He's also getting rid of some of the driftwood , though Ronaldo is a legacy big signing that he can't get rid of.

What they did against lfc was their potential (though lfc were clearly poor too). And I can see ten hag turning them around, IF given enough time but I'd assume the politics and spotlight on that club will prevent him from doing what he wants.

And I'm looking fw to the battle between his philosophy and the fans/media demands that they win, and play the United way, which isn't his way tbh.

I'll be honest, I'm not seeing it yet.

Casemiro is a short term signing to compete, yet they don't have the squad to compete in the short term.
Antony is a tricky winger who reminds me of a more lightweight Raphinha, I think no more than 8 league goals from him.
Martinez has shown vulnerabilities at the back already, decent passer but looks like he's going to struggle.

Screenshot 2022-08-29 at 10.39.52.png
Screenshot 2022-08-29 at 10.40.23.png
Screenshot 2022-08-29 at 10.40.51.png
Screenshot 2022-08-29 at 10.41.13.png

They're yet to dominate a game for me, Liverpool was probably their closest but I think people are overestimating how good United were in that game and underestimating how bad Liverpool were.

I think Southampton at the weekend was another game where they were lucky to come away with the win.

Teams are averaging 15 shots against them, that to me suggests that they still have no effective system and they're still going to lose plenty of games.

I don't watch Dutch football, so couldn't tell you his quality, but £85m is an outrageous fee. I guess they are having to pay a premium to attract not quite top level talent given their lack of CL football. If it doesn't work out, though, it's another player they won't be able to offload who will be leaving on a free.
Looks like there’s a lot of playacting in his highlights. What with Fernandes and Antony, the rags will be lucky to see 5 mins of unbroken play.

Casemiro is a short term signing to compete, yet they don't have the squad to compete in the short term.
Antony is a tricky winger who reminds me of a more lightweight Raphinha, I think no more than 8 league goals from him.
Martinez has shown vulnerabilities at the back already, decent passer but looks like he's going to struggle.

View attachment 54196
View attachment 54195
View attachment 54194
View attachment 54193

They're yet to dominate a game for me, Liverpool was probably their closest but I think people are overestimating how good United were in that game and underestimating how bad Liverpool were.

I think Southampton at the weekend was another game where they were lucky to come away with the win.

Teams are averaging 15 shots against them, that to me suggests that they still have no effective system and they're still going to lose plenty of games.

Dipped in and out of the rags game on Saturday, the quality of their play is no where near as good as City’s. They can’t control and dominate teams which will be their undoing over a season.

View attachment 54196
View attachment 54195
View attachment 54194
View attachment 54193

I hardly see any improvements in the pitch. It's more to do with what ten hag is doing, it's got a Pep at the beginning with City feel about it. It would take him years to get to where pep has got us and that's without the club being under a microscope.

Totally agree they were lucky against Southampton, and lfc. And I was v glad they didn't put in the workrate in that Southampton game, it shows just how difficult it will be for hag.

I hardly see any improvements in the pitch. It's more to do with what ten hag is doing, it's got a Pep at the beginning with City feel about it. It would take him years to get to where pep has got us and that's without the club being under a microscope.

Totally agree they were lucky against Southampton, and lfc. And I was v glad they didn't put in the workrate in that Southampton game, it shows just how difficult it will be for hag.

Rubbish nothing like when Pep Started at city Ten Bob has changed his total philosophy Pep never did even with the ageing squad he required especially the back line!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.