United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but that depends on what the owners' objectives are. If it's success on the pitch and winning trophies, then they've been an abject failure in the last ten years. But if it's to give them enough cash to maintain their lifestyle then they've done a good enough job.
I think that's a bit of a strange argument tbh.

By way of illustration, if a CEO runs a company into the ground, no-one would say he's done a good job because he managed to pay himself £2m/year for a few years. In fact they would say the very opposite.

By the same token, I don't see how one could argue that the Glazers have done a good job simply by making money for themselves.

I've dropped the PL a line;

"As it is clear that Manchester United fans are planning another protest against not winning any more, and given that the last protest resulted in a key game having to be postponed, can you confirm that the Premier League is taking steps to ensure that, for once, the club is held accountable for the actions of its supporters.

I would recommend a points deduction well publicised in advance so that there is no excuse"
A bit shorter than intended but I'm busy just now. I feel that any concerned football fan should make their feelings known to the PL in advance so we can take the piss if the game is disrupted and they fail to act.

If there is any attempt to stop or postpone the game on Monday night, there should be a points deduction in my opinion. Furthermore the PL should say now that will happen and I bet no demonstration will take place!

What those selfish people don't understand is a game like Man Utd v Liverpool is a bit of fun, a bit of a release from the crappy world we are living in right now for millions and millions of people. They shouldn't just be able to stop it. Furthermore the Glazers haven't been tight with money these last ten years or so, they've just spent it on bad players.

I remember last time - well I usually watch those games in a pub and can't always see great. I drove 30 minutes to my friends house who has Sky sports and then the bloody game never happened, did I get my petrol money back? No I did not.

Which reminds me, were United ever fined for that fake bomb bollox in 2016?

I agree to an extent mate, but IMO ultimately it's down to the Glazers.

As the owner of a business, you either meddle in the running in the business - in which case failings are on you. Or you appoint people to run it for you, and if they demonstrably can not do a good enough job, then it's also on you for (a) appointing them and (b) not getting rid of them after repeated abject failure.

The Glazers have been - at best - AWOL, and that still means blame ultimately lies with them.
But they have spent more money in transfers and wages than any other club. If they had spent say what Spurs had spent you would have an argument.

Problem is control. Conte wanted to come. The board didn't like Conte because he wanted control. He has it to a certain extent at Spurs and been somewhat successful. He would have done what he wanted at United but they didn't want him having that amount of power. When I say "they" I mean a certain elder manager as the main General among others. He is certainly part of the huge problem they have.
Maybe you’re missing the nuance of my original post, but I’m still not seeing anything remotely resembling a problem.

;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.