United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help thinking that Mason Mount is made for United. Overrated, thanks to a very occasional flash of brilliance, though not last season, when he was "missing." A poser, who fancies himself, and fancied equally by Southgate; one of his favourites - despite never having been looked upon as a game-changer.

Yet another "show pony" who'll be a flat track bully, no doubt, but I don't see how he really improves them. He's just more of the same. He couldn't get a game at Chelsea as their season went on, and - for an attacking midfielder - he scored 3 goals.

£55 million for a player they definitely don't need. Another attacking midfielder! I like this piece of business.

Welcome to Salford, Mason; home of the red devil posers. Otherwise known as The Scum.
Salford?

United are from Trafford, not Salford.

When the Rags last won the one in the middle, people still had MySpace and Bebo accounts, but as for all of these in one season the last time they did it...... People used message board forums to communicate and used dial-up internet.

As for the Prem..... people were back then still going on about how London 2012 brought the nation together, although I didn't feel any excitement myself over it.

FA Cup?. Well.... nothing worthy of noting that is now a relic. Definitely the only team to sack their manager after winning it. Only at Rags United.

When the Rags last won the one in the middle, people still had MySpace and Bebo accounts, but as for all of these in one season the last time they did it...... People used message board forums to communicate and used dial-up internet.

As for the Prem..... people were back then still going on about how London 2012 brought the nation together, although I didn't feel any excitement myself over it.

FA Cup?. Well.... nothing worthy of noting that is now a relic. Definitely the only team to sack their manager after winning it. Only at Rags United.
What you talking about? All those things are state of the art to me!

What you talking about? All those things are state of the art to me!
Well, as a brand they're relics and nobody uses dialup anymore. Message boards are still around, like this one but Facebook which made Bebo and MySpace relics, have made them less common, what with Facebook groups taking over.

I can only name messageboard forums these days that are dedicated to football teams. Back in the day they were everywhere and even bands had them known as Fan Forums, now they are virtually extinct and it's all Facebook now for fan communication.

This is the only forum I now use, back in the day I was on loads for bands, music discussion etc. Many have closed down thanks to Facebook Groups, like the official Reading/Leeds Festivals forums and Glastonbury Forums.

They're not quite relics come to think of it, just near extinction. It's only really when it comes to football discussion and car advice forums they are still going strong.

Dial-up internet though.... who still uses that?.

This has to be a wind up lol we dont want you de Gea but if we cant sign another keeper we do want you lol.

If I was de Gea I would have signed for another club today.
Bearing in mind, from today, he isn't being paid by the rags, I'd say I want, in writing, a monthly contract of xxx.
All the while telling my agent to find a club.

Rags are unbearable fans aren’t they?

In our group chat our rag mate didn’t mention the treble once. We even posted a pic of ourselves at the CL final thinking he’d post something like ‘have fun lads but not too much fun!’ but he even blanked that from his two closest mates.

Last night after weeks of silence, he posts that article about the FFP case. Had to stop myself going off on one to be honest.
Don't berate him.

Pity him.

For most of the rag fans I've known over the years it hasn't been about the love of football or the competitive spirit of the game.

It's been all about winning, backing the right horse and attaching themselves to something that resembles success.

What's happened to your mate on the WhatsApp group is that he's essentially had his toys snatched away and his arse slapped in the process.

He's now (like a lot of other rags) throwing a tantrum because his security blanket is not only in the 'over night wash' It's been thrown in the bin.

Why do you think we get such dog shit coverage from the media. It's because most of them are of a red persuasion.

I wouldn't delete him from the WhatsApp group. I'd be uploading more photos of the trophies with the caption "wish you were here."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.