United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onana getting stick from the Rag fans now. Allegedly the donut thief would have saved two of the goals yesterday.

Not sure how true it is but didn't we all say they'd be fucked if they didn't have him digging them out??

The gift that keeps giving.
They are right, 2nd and 3rd goal were pretty dire goalkeeping and i think De Gea was a much better stopper than him

Something the glazers always do is sack the manager if top 4 is looking unlikely.... and I'm getting England under Capello vibes with them. The players don't seem to want to work hard for him and they've undermined the manager before. He could be gone soon.

Tide may be turning against Ten Hag in terms of support from match-going fans, if noise at the substitutions yesterday was anything to go by. When he goes - probably this season, unless results pick up - those ‘fans’ will say that Ten Hag failed because the job was too big for him. They’d be right. You could bring in Ferrán, Pep and Txiki and tear up the FFP rule-book while you’re at it, and it still wouldn’t work, because they need a Total Reset at levels a CEO, a director of football and a head coach can’t reach. They need to start acting like what they are - a top-half-of-the-table Big City club - like Aston Villa, say - but with a squad of overpaid and untalented misfits, who were hired by a succession of managers, who are on contracts too long to manage and wages too high to walk away from, with a decaying old-school stadium that generates no income from other sources and which can’t be improved, who when they lose a game - as all teams in their position do - should be graceful in defeat and admit they were beaten by the better team in order to dial down the media heat, rather than feel the constant need to keep that heat at boiling point by going on about a home defeat to Brighton as if the national flood defences had failed or there’d been a run on the banks, and who should publicly acknowledge that they’re just another club, that what they won 30 years ago has no bearing on next week’s game, and that the weight of expectation (“this is Manchester United we’re talking about”) is crushing everything they’re trying to do.

Ten Hag is not a bad coach - he’s up there with Luis Enrique, Klopp, Nagelsmann & Tuchel in the best-of-the-rest bunch. But he’s not working miracles, so he’ll have to go. Rinse, and repeat.

As John Lydon sang all those years ago: “and it’s all falling to bits…gloriously!”

The dickhead Stuart Hall used to refer to the swamp as the Theatre of Dreams in his post-match reports on Radio 5, but I'm not sure if that's the original reference.
He also called Goodison the School of Science and Maine Road the Theatre of Base Comedy. He'll have had a pet name for Klanfield as well but I don't recall it.
Probably called Anfield The Den of Thieves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.