United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got nothing against Tent Peg. Seems a decent guy etc.

However, he is in way over his head. The stress cracks are starting to show. His handling of the Sancho situation shows he is not strong enough for the job.
First he should not have publicly shamed Sancho. Even the GPC knew to never wash your dirty linen in public.
No situation is made better by doing it. I think it was a weak attempt to show how strong Tent Peg is/was.

Sancho had every right to respond in the public domain. Tent Peg set the president.
Tent Peg then made his second mistake.
Instead of saying "he" has to maintain discipline, he used the Glazers as a scapegoat when reports of Sancho training away from the squad. "The Glazer's asked to restore discipline when i got the job, and that is what i'm trying to do".

He is trying to distance himself away from any kickback from Sancho. Might be partly to do with the rags knowing Sancho has mental health issues. (Duty of care etc)
Any decent manager DEMANDS discipline, and wouldn't feel the need to explain himself, never mind saying somebody else made him do it.
Pep has let certain things slip in interviews, but that was to carefully motivate certain players. Not to enhance his own reputation.

Last edited:
Not sure I agree with that pal

View attachment 93597
Facts are a bastard. Just shows you though, I bet if you asked fans up and down the country if he was a 20 league goals a season striker the vast majority would say yes. It's amazing that a narrative can be set and followed so blindly.

76 league goals in 8 full seasons. Fuck me, he doesn't even average 10 a season and yet he's rated as world class

It's no coincidence the best and worst run clubs are rivals, the biggest problem the rags have is Manchester City. We indirectly put them where they are.
Gonna put a few quid on them going down, there in turmoil, there skint and there's no character in the team.
There's no chance of that -how ever bad they are PGMOL cheating will Bail them out over the season as usual. They're already 4 points better off than they should be thanks to PGMOL.

There's no chance of that -how ever bad they are PGMOL cheating will Bail them out over the season as usual. They're already 4 points better off than they should be thanks to PGMOL.
Your probably right but it winds the fuckers up big style and makes it more fun.

I agree with this. It's the nip and tuck games, especially at the swamp, where the interference from the officials will help them out. Alas, I don't think I'll ever witness a relegation for this shower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.