United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ten peg is a decent manager. They just have awful players. I'd be happy if they sacked him. The next manager will likely be a step down.
What has he done that is "decent". Given his ex club hundreds of millions for sub par players, has been in the job 18mths and the team looks the exact same from when he took over and lets not get to his personal moral compass when it comes to who he wants to support publicly.

Of those signed under his tenure, who was responsible for picking and signing them?

He's as guilty as all the other managers they have had since bacon face retired, they all had somethings in common.

Arrogance that they were the best

INSTANT success because it is in their DNA

The realisation that they are fighting a losing battle against every sycophantic media tool and super fan who either loves them or hates them.

Rag bastards :)

Another gem dropped in by Jordan was when he (Ollie) appraoched a couple of players and offered them the Captaincy they both said nah thanks.... YCNMIU

One they never mentioned but I just checked up on was who signed Big H (Harry Maguire)?.... Yup, you guessed it! Big O

Another gem dropped in by Jordan was when he (Ollie) appraoched a couple of players and offered them the Captaincy they both said nah thanks.... YCNMIU

One they never mentioned but I just checked up on was who signed Big H (Harry Maguire)?.... Yup, you guessed it! Big O
Amazing coincidence that the players he wanted to sign, but wasn't allowed to, have proven to be good yet the ones he was allowed to sign are shite

Last edited:
At work, a rag told me that they have turned a corner and can now compete with the big boys of Europe again. That their squad is capable of achieving in both the prem and in Europe. Ten Hag has them well motivated and playing well. I tried so hard not to laugh, nodded and said something along the lines of long may it continue.

However, back in the real world, I think Vinnie will have Burnley up for this and may well turn them over.

To be fair Maguire was decent at Leicester. What is unforgivable is giving a king's ransom to Ajax to Antony and also freezing out Ronaldo who whilst past his best was still miles better than any other player they had and was singlehandedly keeping them in games. That is 100% on Ten Hag.

The beautiful thing is that it doesn't really matter who the manager is. It'll be the same old story over and over again until they get rid of all those pointless clueless executives and marketing people.

Which will never happen unless there is a radical change in ownership.

Glazers in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.