United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
PREQUEL ALERT:
The way we got there though you could say was the luck we got was deserved.
Swales destroyed the club. I can’t and never will get past my hatred (yep hatred) of him.
Franny? What if he’d not appointed Alan fucking Ball and actually given the job to an up and coming manager ( don’t know or can’t remember who was about at the time) we might actually have become a comfortable mid table team.

Wardle/Makin/ Bernstein steadied the ship and sold a going concern ( granted the annus horribilis that was Pearce) and sold in good faith to Frank.

Lets be honest that fucking banner would now be at 48 years.

You’re spot on how it all fell.

We always said Keep the Faith, let’s keep on keeping it.

WTFAmu?

CTID.
As you were my lovely fellow Blues
Yes we definitely deserved the luck.
What to say about Swales. He professed to love the club and yet refused to stand aside when things were going badly wrong. He took the sh1t, but he caused the sh1t in the first place.
Alan Ball couldn't inspire players. He did the exact opposite, he crushed them. The only thing which can be said was that he brought in 'Kinky' who at £5m was a steal. Gio was an artisan amongst labourers and his moments of skill were sublime. A man who possibly kept a couple of thousand turning up who might have otherwise thrown the towel in back then.
It's all history now though and part of the astonishing, wonderful, mad, typical City story.
I am glad in a way, that we had that period, it makes me appreciate what we now have and how fragile it is.
Pep is the greatest manager ever and I have real man love for him. I hope that he never leaves At least not in my lifetime....

We were very lucky the way things fell.
1st we gor our council house at a bargain price.
Then Thaksin (Frank) Shinawatra invested and bought a virtual new team. Sluralix got sleepless nights. We got Sven. Frank had his assets frozen by Thailand. (How is he doing these days btw?) Frank said it's ok, I know some people who might help. They did. Abu Dhabi doooo! (A.D. had been serioualy considering buying the blue dippers till Frank had to sell!)
I mean the luck we had. Unbelieeevable!!
And do any of us care?

Do we fuck

Yes we definitely deserved the luck.
What to say about Swales. He professed to love the club and yet refused to stand aside when things were going badly wrong. He took the sh1t, but he caused the sh1t in the first place.
Alan Ball couldn't inspire players. He did the exact opposite, he crushed them. The only thing which can be said was that he brought in 'Kinky' who at £5m was a steal. Gio was an artisan amongst labourers and his moments of skill were sublime. A man who possibly kept a couple of thousand turning up who might have otherwise thrown the towel in back then.
It's all history now though and part of the astonishing, wonderful, mad, typical City story.
I am glad in a way, that we had that period, it makes me appreciate what we now have and how fragile it is.
Pep is the greatest manager ever and I have real man love for him. I hope that he never leaves At least not in my lifetime....
Swales was desperate to do 20 years as chairman, and that overrode any love he had for the club.

I’m pretty sure that it was Frannie, who brought Gio to City. He was signed before Ball became manager. The fee was £2 million; we sold him for £5 million.

You know what I mean!!! Someone who runs about will be a big shock to the rag fan base. Not sure I like them copying our style. Liverpool already started doing it and now these tramps.

I do remember ten Hag declaring at his unveiling that his united would end our dominance. That was around May 22….roll on 1 season and on June 10th 23 we did the treble lol.

Ten Hag and Klopp don't have anywhere near the "hairy tidge" in total football to do what Guardiola does. They can try to copy what he does, but they can't invent, or adapt to, new tactics. Arteta too. It's the reason why Guardiola will be a big loss when he eventually goes, and not just to City, to the PL as well. We should keep him around as long as we can.

They’re still being paid by TeamViewer and the deal will end once the Qataris complete their takeover and put Qatar Airways on the front and Visit Qatar on the sleeves.

Apparently, TV will be fulfilling their financial commitments according to the filing at the NYSE. But they don't say if those commitments have been renegotiated, do they?

Frank had his assets frozen by Thailand. (How is he doing these days btw?) Frank said it's ok, I know some people who might help.

He is still roughing it in Dubai (sarcasm). His political party just lost the popular vote in an election for the first time in a while and the likely new PM has said he is welcome back anytime.

But he will have to go to jail when he gets here like everyone else who is convicted.

He is still roughing it in Dubai (sarcasm). His political party just lost the popular vote in an election for the first time in a while and the likely new PM has said he is welcome back anytime.

But he will have to go to jail when he gets here like everyone else who is convicted.
Thanks for the update.
A bit of a non starter him returning to Thailand then by the sound of things....

Thanks for the update.
A bit of a non starter him returning to Thailand then by the sound of things....

Not really the thread for it, but a quick Thai politics explainer for you. This is how it works. You buy the votes, and they you make more than that back in corruption. All parties are the same.

So what happened this time. His party, like the cannabis party and all the others, bought votes and expected to win. They were saying they would bring Thaksin back. All rosy for the Shinawatras. Except they didn't count on a new "young" party that has developed over the last ten years with support of the young population. This party didn't buy votes (apparently) and weren't seen as a threat, but they won the popular vote. And the guy running it is young and doesn't seem afraid to counter corruption. So all the other parties are miffed because they cant get their money they invested in buying votes back with corruption. If they do too much to get power back, they just lose out bigger next time with more new people coming on line.

Basically, everyone is fed up with the status quo and want to see the new guy given a chance. I doubt he is any better than the old guys, but he cant be much worse .....

Here endeth the sermon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.