United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if/when they get a replacement keeper, maybe Onana, if they meet the fee (despite the uk media war to get every club to basically give away players to the rag scum), serie a clubs will want a decent price.
How long will it take their defence to get used to a totally new style of play?
Maybe they have trained to play out of defence, but just against their own players, totally different in a meaningful game. It will take at least a season and a major change in an aweful lot of positions if they want to make a total change in style of play work.
I can see them trying until October, then reverting to 'hoof it in the general direction of pope findus'.

Scum think that changing the goalkeeper to a keeper that has better distribution is the key , not realising that it's the whole defence that then needs to be able to use the ball to play out from the back . How many seasons and players did it take before we found the right combination to really effectively play out from the back ? Oh I forgot they have Ten Hag the master tactician !!!!

Scum think that changing the goalkeeper to a keeper that has better distribution is the key , not realising that it's the whole defence that then needs to be able to use the ball to play out from the back . How many seasons and players did it take before we found the right combination to really effectively play out from the back ? Oh I forgot they have Ten Hag the master tactician !!!!

Yep. Having players who are comfortable on the ball not just in defence but midfield is key with type of keeper. Also, for all he faults, DDG saved them so many times. The transition will not be straight forward.

Brilliant post.
I think we will see a big mess occurring n their defensive areas on quite a few occasions this season.ten Bob has got to change a whole style of play ..in a few weeks.first they have to sign the keeper,then copy Manchester City's Blueprint in training sessions.....then come onto the field of play.
This could get really messy man u,....no wonder Martin Tyler has resigned
He couldn't stand the prospect of commentating upon kamikaze balls being played around the utd box.
It's gonna be a long season for man Utd.

Yep. Having players who are comfortable on the ball not just in defence but midfield is key with type of keeper. Also, for all he faults, DDG saved them so many times. The transition will not be straight forward.
Indeed even with a fully functional defence that are comfy on the ball which they are nowhere near to make it work they need a Rodri not with respect to him a Phillips.

There's nobody in the squad that could do Rodders job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.