United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
as much as i hate that prick, fuck off back to ghostbusters 2 is an outstanding insult
I quite like watching his rants. Some of his one liners are pretty funny.

His comment on Brentfords new ground basically being a leisure centre made me laugh. They got dicked 4-0 at that 'leisure centre'

I laugh about Neville and the other rags going on now about having a plan and an identity. The truth is they never had one. They stayed at the top for ages because of a few things.

Good hype and marketing that built the whole theatre of dreams shite that the media and the gullible swallowed hook line and sinker.

Having the biggest stadium so they generated more revenue. A nailed on champions league spot for years that again gave them an advantage in revenue.

Getting lucky with Ferguson. If he hadn't fluked the fa cup that year he would have been out of the door, the fans wanted him gone.

They never really had to plan anything, so they didn't. Their extra revenue, hype and success meant they could attract and afford to buy all the best players and as a result stay at the top. It was self perpetuating. The problem for them was the football world was changing. Wealthy and smart, modern, forward thinking new owners were coming in. In their bloated arrogance the rags laughed at this threat. Ferguson's "Noisy neighbours/not in my lifetime" statements sums this attitude up perfectly. It still exists to this day with the likes of Neville and Keane constantly whining, "This is Manchester United we're talking about!" They and this arrogance is the problem but they can't see it. All they can do now is desperately rely on their scummy media friends to besmirch our name and pray some of these charges stick. If they don't they will be confined to history forever.
They're like Microsoft. Big in the 90s by being in the right place at the right time. Got complacent, thought they were too big to be caught, and then spend the next 10 years trying to catch up with all the tech companies that overtook them in the meantime. They're the Bing to our Google. The Zune to our iPod. The Windows Phone to our Android.

They're like Microsoft. Big in the 90s by being in the right place at the right time. Got complacent, thought they were too big to be caught, and then spend the next 10 years trying to catch up with all the tech companies that overtook them in the meantime. They're the Bing to our Google. The Zune to our iPod. The Windows Phone to our Android.
Sinclair C5 to our Tesla 3

I laugh about Neville and the other rags going on now about having a plan and an identity. The truth is they never had one. They stayed at the top for ages because of a few things.

Good hype and marketing that built the whole theatre of dreams shite that the media and the gullible swallowed hook line and sinker.

Having the biggest stadium so they generated more revenue. A nailed on champions league spot for years that again gave them an advantage in revenue.

Getting lucky with Ferguson. If he hadn't fluked the fa cup that year he would have been out of the door, the fans wanted him gone.

They never really had to plan anything, so they didn't. Their extra revenue, hype and success meant they could attract and afford to buy all the best players and as a result stay at the top. It was self perpetuating. The problem for them was the football world was changing. Wealthy and smart, modern, forward thinking new owners were coming in. In their bloated arrogance the rags laughed at this threat. Ferguson's "Noisy neighbours/not in my lifetime" statements sums this attitude up perfectly. It still exists to this day with the likes of Neville and Keane constantly whining, "This is Manchester United we're talking about!" They and this arrogance is the problem but they can't see it. All they can do now is desperately rely on their scummy media friends to besmirch our name and pray some of these charges stick. If they don't they will be confined to history forever.

The climate for them being successful was created with floating themselves as a public company and using that money to outspend the rest of the league. Then a couple of years later the premier league happened which gave them a bigger amount of money compared to 14 other clubs in the league through the tv deal. Then you had a one team from each country champions league format that on top of that for extra income.

If you look at who their rivals were around that time it was Norwich, Aston Villa and then Blackburn Rovers turned up. Non of them had the capital to put together a sustained challenge year after year challenge to the rags. Any decent players that were doing well United cherry picked them from the rest of the league like Keane and Cole.

They literally had a good 6 years of zero competition until Arsenal showed up which allowed them to consolidate their position at the top of the tree in this country. Their arrogance they show towards City saying that we will never be as big as them, this comes out of the likes of Ferguson, Neville, Charlton and Rooney’s mouths to name a few. They are more than happy to stick their kids in our academy rather than theirs if they show any promise at football.

They need a cultural reset and to lose the mindset that just because they were good for two decades they should still be top now. You don’t see Preston North End supporters coming out with ‘This is Preston North End we are talking about’ just because they had a decent period of success a long time ago. They need to lose the arse lickers in the press who blow smoke up their arsed if they win so much as a throw in. We all could see what a disaster Ten Hag was a year ago yet the media tells us he is the second coming of Taggert.

Last edited:
The Rags put way too much importance on a mere shirt number. If our player is performing well, he could be wearing #948 or something for
I remember the 'big ones', like Silva's #21, but I'm not gonna start foaming at the mouth because Sergio Gomez is wearing it right now.
But the fact Gomez wanted #21 tells you that he’s made an unpopular number famous.
I wonder who will wear #47 in the future.
I think Foden had a choice to change to a traditional number recently too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.