United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep; he did the dirt on Costel that day. Of course, there's no guarantee that we'd have won with CP in goal. But it was a dirty trick to play CP all the way up to the big day, then shunt him aside for Hart. Compare to last June, when Pep stuck with Ortega at Wembley.
And Manuel with Big Willy in the 2014 League Cup final, when all and sundry were calling for Joe to play.

"I’d rather lose than compromise my principles," said Pellers afterwards.

I thought there were other interesting snippets in there which the writer should have explored like;

"Ratcliffe, for his trouble, will plough an additional $300m into the club to help clean up the mess the Glazers have left behind on the pitch"

Whilst we knew he was "investing" a further £235m, it still hasn't been explained what form this injection of cash will take. It surely can't be a gift, so if it's "additional" to the share purchase it has all the hallmarks of another loan. And if it is another loan, is it on top of the existing debt or have the Glazers used some of their windfall, to reduce the clubs existing borrowings accordingly ? (and pigs might fly).
As far as I understand it’s additional shares but owner investment for transfers is limited to £90M if it for infrastructure then it might cover tarting up Carrington and the repairs required at the Trafford stadium I’m sure the rags are dreaming of a new stadium, dreams they will remain even scruffy Jim isn’t going to liquidate his fortune

As far as I understand it’s additional shares but owner investment for transfers is limited to £90M if it for infrastructure then it might cover tarting up Carrington and the repairs required at the Trafford stadium I’m sure the rags are dreaming of a new stadium, dreams they will remain even scruffy Jim isn’t going to liquidate his fortune

Yes, it’s additional shares so will increase his equity to 29%, making him the highest single owner of United, although Glazers as a collective hold the most.

It should provide a bit of a flutter in the summer, probably only similar to others but they would have had to slow down otherwise.

Might well choose to hold it and wait to see if they have a new manager Ten bob’s record is far from great.

Ineos Nova is a Canadian company that is 50% owned by Mubadala, the sovereign wealth fund of Abu Dhabi HH Sheikh Mansour is chairman and Khaldoon is CEO and MD
It was actually INEOS grenadier which is the knock off landrover that scruffy Jim makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.