United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
City won back to back titles without a recognised centre forward and Ederson has won the Golden Glove 3 years in a row durng his time at City so your point is what exactly?
You lot were getting giddy in February but it all turned to shit as per usual and the Norwich scarves came out again culminating in your massive protest with 35 in attendance.
Jog on Raggy, you were funny for a while but your attempts at turd polishing are becoming boring now.
It always makes me laugh when fans come out with these excuses. Last season was arguably the first season where we won the title without having key players missing for half the season, or a massive hole in a key position. Aguero used to basically miss a third of every season through injury. Kompany likewise. We've won a title with KDB injured for most of it. We've won titles without a recognised striker. We've won a title with 100 points playing Fabian Delph at left-back. But other teams get a single injury to a key player and they're suddenly 'unlucky' to have not won the title. Arsenal with Saliba this season. Liverpool with VVD. The rags with Maguire refusing to be injured.

I just read that in the latest master stroke by the brains trust that runs the Rags they have signed Johnny Fucking Evans to a short term contract. In fairness he is probably better than slabhead.

So if it was down to the defence that you kept so many clean sheets, what happened in the other games where you must have let in quite a few? Like 6 or 7 on occasions?

And you did have a recognised centre-forward, you had Weghorst. But the footballing genius didn't even play him at centre-forward and he ended up with zero goals in 17 appearances.

Which was funny as fuck.

But I can understand why you don't count him, he's clearly a tryer but not much more. That said, Rashford and Martial have both played plenty of games at centre-forward, so to say you didn't have one is a little extreme.

I mean, it's not like the season before last where we played Foden as a false 9 pretty often and only just ended up scraping the Premier League title...
Rashford is a winger. Don't know why you lot are comparing him to Haaland. He plays off the left. He moved into the middle on a few occasions when Garnacho was brought on. And yes he was at Centre forward when he scored the winner in the derby, but he's not a recognised number 9. And Martial was injured for 95% of the season. We are desperate for a striker, as Ten Hag teams are set up that way. To have a target man.

I still think we did okay despite the missing pieces.

Rashford is a winger. Don't know why you lot are comparing him to Haaland. He plays off the left. He moved into the middle on a few occasions when Garnacho was brought on. And yes he was at Centre forward when he scored the winner in the derby, but he's not a recognised number 9. And Martial was injured for 95% of the season. We are desperate for a striker, as Ten Hag teams are set up that way. To have a target man.

I still think we did okay despite the missing pieces.

The missing pieces are mainly from inside your head .

Last edited:
I just read that in the latest master stroke by the brains trust that runs the Rags they have signed Johnny Fucking Evans to a short term contract. In fairness he is probably better than slabhead.

That's a real kick in the teeth for Maguire.

The rags will be bring back Scholes, Butt, Beckham lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.