United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Onana is going through. very good signing unfortunately.
It's a good thing he's passing the ball to Varane, Wan Bissaka and Luke Shaw...Or he can go straight into midfield to Fred, McTominay or Bruno...

He looks very good but could be a downfall for them also as they still don't have the tools to play out from the back.

Too early for any predictions, because without a number 9 to put the ball in the net, there is still a huge missing piece in the jigsaw. Need at least 25+ goals from somewhere, to even be considered title contenders. But you can see the pieces starting to fall into place.
Things are starting to fall into place, How exactly?

You lot got absolutely thumped away from home most weeks last season on top of bring humiliated by Sevilla in the Europa League also being outclassed by City in the FA Cup Final and didn't have to get out of second gear.

United are still a "moments" team. Nowhere near good enough to be considered anywhere near title challengers. They'll be lucky to get top 4.

You lot got absolutely thumped away from home most weeks last season on top of bring humiliated by Sevilla in the Europa League also being outclassed by City in the FA Cup Final and didn't have to get out of second gear.

United are still a "moments" team. Nowhere near good enough to be considered anywhere near title challengers. They'll be lucky to get top 4.
A bit harsh it was only six months ago they were challenging for the quadruple and rashford was the best striker in the world. I think they've turned a corner....

Too early for any predictions, because without a number 9 to put the ball in the net, there is still a huge missing piece in the jigsaw. Need at least 25+ goals from somewhere, to even be considered title contenders. But you can see the pieces starting to fall into place.
I'm not sure it is too early for predictions really. In fact, as you have so successfully morphed into 1990's Liverpool then I'd say this is the ideal time of year for optimism.

Sevilla and the FA cup final was the death knell for De Gea. Those games specifically made Ten Hag change his mind on the keeper situation. And now we have addressed it. He identified a problem and fixed it. We will see a different team that plays out from the back, a keeper that comes out of his box and sweeps up at the back, not rooted to his goal line. A modern day keeper.

The fa cup final was a shambles. One team on an upward spiral, riding the crest of a wave, and an opposition gassed out and mentally on their holidays.

The lack of depth caused TH to overplay certain players, to the point where they didn't have anything left in the tank from March onwards. This was a learning curve, he learned about his team. Who he wants to keep and who he wants to move on. And in what areas he needs to strengthen.

By the end of this transfer window, I think he will have what he needs. There may be a few more surprises in August.

Why is the United thread up to 280 pages without a ball being kicked?

I love talking about United, it's my favourite thing.

Yours too.

xx

I told you before cos we’ve had a lot to laugh at :)

Just to summarise …….

-Deadline after deadline & the Glazers are still there.
-Harry Maguire refusing to leave.
-Cheating cunts failed FFP, only brought in at your request.
-Jonny fucking Evans who you seem to justify worth buying the 35 year old cos Pep was linked to him when he was 29

You get a lot of traffic pre-season then we tend to move onto the sub threads which start with “save”.

So you’ve come with all your bravado after being brainwashed by the Glazers client journalists spinning positivity, distracting the fact that noone who has the money wanted to buy you.

If it all goes wrong (again) who will you blame as it seems you believe in every strategic decision made up to now.

-Glazers have backed Ten Hag again.
-You’ve got the keeper you want.
-You think Jonny Evans is a great signing.
-You think giving Rashy same pay as KDB as good.
-You think Mount is transformational.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.