United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
You giddy flids are carrying on like we signed him as a starter. He will be 5th choice. 4 players need to be injured for him to get a game. I am ok with that.

And Thiago Silva is 39 next month.
Thiago Silva is class though…. Us giddy lol, we’re the treble holders ffs and you’re signing twice relegated freebie cast offs…. It’s the year 2000 in reverse…. And not the Pulp classic.

I’d never heard of Rasmus Hojlund before this post.

I’ve just looked him up; there’s no way that he is going to be United’s main striker, surely?
Next Erling Haaland apparently but utd are quibbling about the fee. You wouldn't think you could make this shit up but apparently you can

Hojlund has scored one goal every four matches playing in the Danish, Austrian, and Italian leagues. He makes Anthony Martial (one in three) look prolific. His name sounds a bit like Haaland if you say it quickly though.
So a quarter of a billion spent in the last window and now if they get Hojilund as well for the reported £50-£60m then that's well over £150m spent in this window, all whilst not selling anyone of significant value at all... and this is united supposedly having to "limit their spending in order to comply with FFP"

Given their decade of failure and underachievement I find it really difficult to understand how they're still capable of out-spending every other club in the league, if not every other club in Europe for the last 10 years.

Some team cheat keep spending 100 of million without sales and lauded constantly in the media! where we lose one player buys another player and the Media are always after us!

Sevilla and the FA cup final was the death knell for De Gea. Those games specifically made Ten Hag change his mind on the keeper situation. And now we have addressed it. He identified a problem and fixed it. We will see a different team that plays out from the back, a keeper that comes out of his box and sweeps up at the back, not rooted to his goal line. A modern day keeper.

The fa cup final was a shambles. One team on an upward spiral, riding the crest of a wave, and an opposition gassed out and mentally on their holidays.

The lack of depth caused TH to overplay certain players, to the point where they didn't have anything left in the tank from March onwards. This was a learning curve, he learned about his team. Who he wants to keep and who he wants to move on. And in what areas he needs to strengthen.

By the end of this transfer window, I think he will have what he needs. There may be a few more surprises in August.
What a load of shite.

So not a sell out then lol.

Yeah seems like it can't have been.

Turns out Barcelona just get big crowds. It's not necessarily down to the opposition, although over 91k turning up to watch lickle Citeh in a friendly seems a bit excessive. I guess we're quite an attraction these days, who'd have know?

Anyway, last season Barca got 95,745 v Real Madrid and also 92,605 v Almeria in La Liga, so bigger crowds definitely possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.