United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this feeling they are going to move out

I don’t know what it is but no other club in the UK has really done it (MK Dons aside) but in terms of being different and striking out on their own it gives them something

Sell the land in Trafford and then open it up to the town/city which is the highest bidder. Justify the move because “we are different to other clubs. Our fan base is spread throughout the country”

If this sound familiar it’s because it’s the same as they do in the US.

Their owners will be looking at it 100% in my opinion

I don’t know what it is but no other club in the UK has really done it (MK Dons aside) but in terms of being different and striking out on their own it gives them something

Sell the land in Trafford and then open it up to the town/city which is the highest bidder. Justify the move because “we are different to other clubs. Our fan base is spread throughout the country”

Fingers crossed

Bolton will be grateful for the refurb.

Not a chance that will happen. They would have a reaction similar to the super league fiasco, not that I give a fuck.
Renovation of the swamp would be like putting lipstick on a dieing pig. They need a new ground, the position of the railway line basically scuppers any chance of a meaningful update.

Is this feasible? They have an incredible amount of debt, and moving would only increase their outgoings - for the immediate future, at least.

My view has always been that the only way for them now is down. They've had their 15 minutes of fame and now it's back to being a mid-table, ordinary club.
It is only the media that is keeping them relevant: ensuring they are always in the tabloids, regardless of how flimsy the reason ('Former rag Camelgob Ferdinand issued a warning today that the vermin are only two signings away from battling it out with the big boys,' etc etc).
Sly Sports themselves are almost single-handedly maintaining the rag myth, and both BBC and ITV are close on their tales. Moving from the swamp and basically creating another club as the MK Dons did, would lose them a huge amount of their followers, I believe. And because the Glazers' God is money I just don't think they'd do that. I could well be wrong, of course, but all the while the money is coming the Yanks will be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.