United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delusional?

I'm not the one making up fanciful yarns about the Glazers infiltrating Uefa, the PL, Der Spiegel, The British Judicial system, The entire worldwide media, Nasa and the pentagon, just to stop City.

The fooking Glazers!!! The same people who got fined this week for falling foul of FFP. Yeah, that thing that they orchestrated to stop City, and then fined themselves for being in breach of it. Run that one by me again. The greatest masterminds the world has ever seen. Controlling everything behind the scenes, like the wizard of Oz. The Glazers ha ha ha.

Just to correct you on one technicality there, the Glazers didn't fall foul of FFP, they didn't breach it, they didn't get fined - that was all united.

I know you want to think of them as separate (understandably as they are undoubtedly a horrific stain on football club ownership), but it was the club who broke the rules. Maybe add it to your list of things to dislike about them by all means.

Their fans saying things like "pieces falling into place" which is easy enough to think when you make new signings, optimistic feel good factor most fans get at this time of year. However, they seem to be forgetting how shit the existing squad is, fernandez, rashford, Shaw, mctominay, martial, Antony and so on whilst on their day can be good to sometimes very good are actually over the course of a season not so good, too many times they play dog shit as individuals that is why consistency is not there. They are blind to the over hyping the media give to their players when they do something half decent, it makes them forgot rashfords previous 100 runs into blind alleys, fernandez giving the ball away previous 10 times, Shaw not seeing runners behind for the 10th time, Antony provide the team with the square root of fuck all and so on.
What they don't realise is if they want to return to the glory days then there "big players" in their squad who are not up to it will have to go. But now way that will happen so we will sit back and watch the spunk more money to catch up.

They don’t have enough depth in their squad, their first 11 is enough to have them punching around 3rd/4th in the league. You look at their front line, only Rashford looked like producing the goods last year, Antony and Sancho were dire are their fortunes suddenly going to change? They lacked goals last term with the likes of Brighton, Spurs, Newcastle scoring more than them.

Midfield has a bit more depth in now Mount is there, a change of club might drag a bit more out of him. I however wouldn’t be happy if City signed him, United need to be aspiring to our level and they ain’t going after the players to get there.

Onana looks good with his feet from what I saw of him in Istanbul. Condensing the pitch with a keeper playing out from the back, could that lose them space higher up the pitch which Rashford likes to run into?

Centre backs of what will be Lindlehop, Bailly and Evans. Is that an insurance policy when the first two choices seem to be made of glass? The bedrock of City’s treble were four very good centre backs doing their bit in different parts of the season. Would you have any of there’s over Stones, Dias, Ake and Akanji? I doubt it.

They may have a half decent first eleven, however Arsenal and Liverpool look like they have made some good acquisitions. Liverpool have got legs back in their midfield which will enable them to get back to the high press they couldn’t do last year. I see these two teams as the ones to worry about, Chelsea may get their act together. Which for United supporters should have then worried about where they will be in the mix of things. Champions League will cause them problems as well, they just don’t have the quality to rotate when they are playing every 3 days from September onwards.

Something isn’t quite right behind the scenes at Old Trafford, you can see that from who they bought in January to who they are going after now. Obviously there is the takeover happening but they don’t have the resources to throw at player recruitment like they used to.

Their revenues are still huge. The money flowing into football is huge from digital and broadcast platforms. It is truly globalised now. The PL and CL are watched everywhere. New markets like the US are booming. Football at lower levels is also booming. It is unprecedented, like a new global religion. I think digitisation is fuelling it. All clubs are benefiting. The rivalry between City and United helps both clubs. It is great for the Greater Manchester economy,
I suppose it's a slightly irritating consequence of City's success... that the "Manchester" connection is probably throwing some of the limelight on them and keeping them more commercially relevant than they otherwise would be.

Is everybody geared up for another day of red hot MAN YOO chat?

It really is quite a relief that despite all of your clubs fortunes, that there is still a thriving group of people who dedicate so much of their lives to the United thread. It really is the number one place for all things United.

Get well soon Edwin Van Der Sar.
Why are you on here.
Apart from the funniest thing I've heard all year.
Pieces falling into place .
Quite simply genius

Imagine being a Rag, saying City fans are obsessed about United, and posting it on a Manchester City football forum whilst being a signed up member with almost 300 posts.

The lack of awareness is staggeringly funny.

Anyone think this could be Goldbridge, certainly displaying the same levels of delusion(not MB by the way)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.