United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
This new keeper Onana has a dodgy past….ten bob likes him because he played in the Dutch league….what I’ve seen of him he looks shite……all good then

He wants the rags to be an expensive Ajax, who crumpled to Spurs when they were down and out in a Champions league semi.

Anyone think this could be Goldbridge, certainly displaying the same levels of delusion(not MB by the way)
I'm starting to think it's a post-season bored Blue, yeah.

edit: oop, never mind, he gone!

One thing that I haven't seen with United is an ability to retain and recycle possession. They also lack structure when progressing the ball forward from the back. I remember in the FA Cup final, United looked dangerous if they released the ball quickly and rushed the City goal, but on each occasion where City snuffed out the counter, United would aimlessly pass it around before whipping in a cross.

They scored 58 league goals last season with Rashford having a great season individually, this is because they played to his strengths by playing direct and using him as the outlet. However problem with counter attack football is you only get one use of the ball before its turned over. United cannot recycle the ball over and over and over and probe the opposition defence on a constant basis.

Binning De Gea for Onana will help, but for me they still possess too many technically deficient players, whilst their best players are all suited to a counter attacking game. There has been little progression of their football even from when Ole left. They cant dominant possession, so wont be able to dominate games. This will result in not winning enough games over the course of 38 games.

One thing that I haven't seen with United is an ability to retain and recycle possession. They also lack structure when progressing the ball forward from the back. I remember in the FA Cup final, United looked dangerous if they released the ball quickly and rushed the City goal, but on each occasion where City snuffed out the counter, United would aimlessly pass it around before whipping in a cross.

They scored 58 league goals last season with Rashford having a great season individually, this is because they played to his strengths by playing direct and using him as the outlet. However problem with counter attack football is you only get one use of the ball before its turned over. United cannot recycle the ball over and over and over and probe the opposition defence on a constant basis.

Binning De Gea for Onana will help, but for me they still possess too many technically deficient players, whilst their best players are all suited to a counter attacking game. There has been little progression of their football even from when Ole left. They cant dominant possession, so wont be able to dominate games. This will result in not winning enough games over the course of 38 games.

Agree with you on all of this. On their best day they'll be able to give anyone a game, but doing it across the course of a season is a different thing entirely. I think if everything clicks for them they could get up to maybe 82 points or so. If it doesn't... Well the low end may be something like 70 points.

You need a team capable of over 90 points to win the league these days.

Even when making good signings it's tough, because other teams don't just stand still and let you overtake them. Chelsea will have an easy season without Europe, so will get extra time between matches to work on things. They will be much better as a result. Newcastle will improve. Arsenal have obviously strengthened and Liverpool have made a few decent signings.

united could improve this season but end up outside the top 4 still.

You missed out 2 little words in your assessment..... The Officials

As they should have done this season, but good old pgmol saved the day for them...again!

It doesn't really matter about the quality of the players in your side, it doesn't matter who the coach is, it doesn't matter about tactics, either: because if you're getting help from those corrupt çunts at pgmol you'll win way more than you will lose.

Agree with you on all of this. On their best day they'll be able to give anyone a game, but doing it across the course of a season is a different thing entirely. I think if everything clicks for them they could get up to maybe 82 points or so. If it doesn't... Well the low end may be something like 70 points.

You need a team capable of over 90 points to win the league these days.

Even when making good signings it's tough, because other teams don't just stand still and let you overtake them. Chelsea will have an easy season without Europe, so will get extra time between matches to work on things. They will be much better as a result. Newcastle will improve. Arsenal have obviously strengthened and Liverpool have made a few decent signings.

Everyone said that last season, though. Ten Hag wouldn't get a tune out of these lot, who downed tools for Ole and Rangnick.

He got them to 2 finals, and won a trophy. And finished 3rd.

One of his biggest achievements was recreating a fortress at OT, because visiting teams were coming and having an easy time of it. Some big wins against Liverpool, Arsenal, City, Spurs, Chelsea, Barcelona. Ten Hag orchestrated that. He has also managed to improve the bond between players and fans. The season prior, players like Pogba were being booed off the pitch, and the atmosphere was toxic.

The fans love these players again, and you have to credit TH for that.

He is making some big changes all over the squad, and the shape will look very different with Onana in goal. They'll play much further forward and create overloads in the oppositions half. They couldn't do that with De Gea, they were playing with the handbrake on.

From where we were, to where are heading, Ten Hag is the man with a plan, and I have faith in him. City fans don't want to hear that United fans enjoyed last season, but on reflection we did. And we can see progress on the pitch and down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.