United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's incorrect, though. People on here assumed that I was a City fan because of my tongue in cheek forum name. But then some people started being weird and calling me a Rag ****, literally on the first day, so I just stayed ambiguous. But did not pretend to be a City fan. You're pretty much damned if you do, damned if you don't. Men in their 50's, who I have never met or even know anything about me, getting all angry and aggressive over football.
You're a regular Cambridge Spy. How clever.

Well the rags are in a pickle
They can't sell their 'stars' to raise funds, or at least, not for the money they are asking. On top of that they are paying top dollar for average-ish players.
Then òthere are the ffp and vat traànsgressions. (I'm wondering if the rags know that if they do breach ffp then they won't be given much of a punishment.Just say it's a minor breach and youĺĺ be fine.) Finally, there doesn't appear to be anyone in a rush to buy the cllub as far as I can tell.
If, 15 years ago, someone had told me that things would be like they are today, I would hsve lol.
Funny old game eh?

You're a regular Cambridge Spy. How clever.
Does this WUM really think his media darlings will be playing controled pass and move possession football any time soon just coz they've signed a keeper who can perhaps kick a ball to one of his own players?
How would Fish fingers get any supply? The PR shill wouldn't have a hoof ball to chase down even if he managed to stay on side.
Laughable

Their fans saying things like "pieces falling into place" which is easy enough to think when you make new signings, optimistic feel good factor most fans get at this time of year. However, they seem to be forgetting how shit the existing squad is, fernandez, rashford, Shaw, mctominay, martial, Antony and so on whilst on their day can be good to sometimes very good are actually over the course of a season not so good, too many times they play dog shit as individuals that is why consistency is not there. They are blind to the over hyping the media give to their players when they do something half decent, it makes them forgot rashfords previous 100 runs into blind alleys, fernandez giving the ball away previous 10 times, Shaw not seeing runners behind for the 10th time, Antony provide the team with the square root of fuck all and so on.
What they don't realise is if they want to return to the glory days then there "big players" in their squad who are not up to it will have to go. But now way that will happen so we will sit back and watch the spunk more money to catch up.

So a quarter of a billion spent in the last window and now if they get Hojilund as well for the reported £50-£60m then that's well over £150m spent in this window, all whilst not selling anyone of significant value at all... and this is united supposedly having to "limit their spending in order to comply with FFP"

Given their decade of failure and underachievement I find it really difficult to understand how they're still capable of out-spending every other club in the league, if not every other club in Europe for the last 10 years.
Their revenues are still huge. The money flowing into football is huge from digital and broadcast platforms. It is truly globalised now. The PL and CL are watched everywhere. New markets like the US are booming. Football at lower levels is also booming. It is unprecedented, like a new global religion. I think digitisation is fuelling it. All clubs are benefiting. The rivalry between City and United helps both clubs. It is great for the Greater Manchester economy,

Not particularly great for a pair of boots mate.
This reminds of a few years back, We were doing a job in town we were sat outside having a bit of lunch. Across the street some lad was on a pair of crutches he had one and a half legs, He was wearing a pair of Nike trainers, He had one of the trainers tied around his stump floating in mid air. I shouldn't laugh but it looked hilarious.

So boots is quite possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.