United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose it's a slightly irritating consequence of City's success... that the "Manchester" connection is probably throwing some of the limelight on them and keeping them more commercially relevant than they otherwise would be.
I think that's true. I think City did initially capitalise on the "we are not United" narrative after the takoever. And stressing our Manchester roots was part of our marketing campaign. It is ironic that the tables have turned. However throwing tribalism to one side Manchester is certainly the world capital of football and we do have a globally strong music brand as well. Manchester is as well known as London across the world. It is a strong brand, especially for youth culture. Next season we will (again) have two clubs in the Champions League and that is fantastic for our local economy no matter how much both sets of fans despise each other. And now that Mancunian rivalry is being played out across Asia and the USA.

His memory is fine, but delusion has been transplanted to ease the pain. Hence the shit he chats - bit like Sokohol ( SSN ) in that painful, tedious and false delivery

Of course, the FA Cup final would be a shattering event for the fuckwit community and their bucket hats, even though toilet door man would have been nowhere the action of course.

What he fails to realise is that Mad Louis, Mourinho & Ole all had an arguably better start than Ten Hag but as expectations were raised the realisation that City under Pep are so far ahead hits them.

If they could deal with that reality they’d stop imploding but they can’t so I’ll give Poundland Pep 18 months & the club that doesn’t sack will sack another.

Last edited:
Everyone said that last season, though. Ten Hag wouldn't get a tune out of these lot, who downed tools for Ole and Rangnick.

He got them to 2 finals, and won a trophy. And finished 3rd.

images (3).jpegOne of his biggest achievements was recreating a fortress at OT, because visiting teams were coming and having an easy time of it. Some big wins against Liverpool, Arsenal, City, Spurs, Chelsea, Barcelona. Ten Hag orchestrated that. He has also managed to improve the bond between players and fans. The season prior, players like Pogba were being booed off the pitch, and the atmosphere was toxic.

The fans love these players again, and you have to credit TH for that.

He is making some big changes all over the squad, and the shape will look very different with Onana in goal. They'll play much further forward and create overloads in the oppositions half. They couldn't do that with De Gea, they were playing with the handbrake on.

From where we were, to where are heading, Ten Hag is the man with a plan, and I have faith in him. City fans don't want to hear that United fans enjoyed last season, but on reflection we did. And we can see progress on the pitch and down the line.

Everyone said that last season, though. Ten Hag wouldn't get a tune out of these lot, who downed tools for Ole and Rangnick.

One of his biggest achievements was recreating a fortress at OT, because visiting teams were coming and having an easy time of it. Some big wins against Liverpool, Arsenal, City, Spurs, Chelsea, Barcelona. Ten Hag orchestrated that. He has also managed to improve the bond between players and fans. The season prior, players like Pogba were being booed off the pitch, and the atmosphere was toxic.

He is making some big changes all over the squad, and the shape will look very different with Onana in goal. They'll play much further forward and create overloads in the oppositions half. They couldn't do that with De Gea, they were playing with the handbrake on.

From where we were, to where are heading, Ten Hag is the man with a plan, and I have faith in him. City fans don't want to hear that United fans enjoyed last season, but on reflection we did. And we can see progress on the pitch and down the line.
You've got to admire the optimism, concerned about playing with the handbrake on when there's no engine in the fuckin car.

I didn't say that United were title contenders, but the pieces are so obviously falling into place. He needed rid of Ronaldo, he did that. He needed to replace the goalkeeper, he did that. He had to strip Harry Maguire of captaincy, he did that. Players that have gone up a level in performance under Ten Hag. Rashford, Shaw, Garnacho, Wan Bisakka, Bruno, Fred, Lindelof...this is in just one season. He has wanted Mason Mount since 2017, now he's got him. And we will soon see why.

Arsenal had a flash in the pan season. They went out of all the cup comps early and only had to concentrate on the PL and they bottled that in the end.
It is unlikely that Liverpool will hit the ground running with half their squad ripped out and replaced. It takes Klopp 2 seasons to build a squad.
Chelsea are a mess. An owner playing championship manager and wondering why Mykhailo Mudryk isn't the new Mbappe. They are a disaster.
Arrogance of the Rags calling Arsenal a flash in the pan.
They had a better season last year than the Rags in the last 10.
Deluded, entitled bell sniffs.

Last edited:

One of his biggest achievements was recreating a fortress at OT, because visiting teams were coming and having an easy time of it. Some big wins against Liverpool, Arsenal, City, Spurs, Chelsea, Barcelona. Ten Hag orchestrated that. He has also managed to improve the bond between players and fans. The season prior, players like Pogba were being booed off the pitch, and the atmosphere was toxic.

Fortress old Trafford lol fuck me if it wasnt for bent refs and VAR it wouldnt be a fortress. Take our game at the swamp as bent as a nine bob note. EVERY ONE KNEW RASHFORD WAS OFF SIDE AND INTERFERING WITH PLAY 100%. APART FROM THAT BENT REF WHO OVER RULED A WORLD CUP FINAL LINESMAN.

ok I know you are fishing but I am still so pissed of with that off side goal. Cheats simple

Too early for any predictions, because without a number 9 to put the ball in the net, there is still a huge missing piece in the jigsaw. Need at least 25+ goals from somewhere, to even be considered title contenders. But you can see the pieces starting to fall into place.
Every time you put something it's even better than the previous one.

A Hugh piece of the jigsaw missing.
Yes it's called the fucking box and the actually jigsaw.
Your no closer to winning the league than you were the day the pissed up bully did one

Shipping 6 at ours, 7 at Anfield, 4 at Brentford, yes I can concur it was a very enjoyable season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.