United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teams go mentally on their holidays when they’ve got nothing to play for with a few games to go. If your lot really were in the beach during the cup final that is a pretty poor mentality Ten Hag has instilled
Especially after his Delia Smith esq style rally cry at old toilet the week before...
"Where are you,lets be havin' you".

Too early for any predictions, because without a number 9 to put the ball in the net, there is still a huge missing piece in the jigsaw. Need at least 25+ goals from somewhere, to even be considered title contenders. But you can see the pieces starting to fall into place.
so you've got lord fishfinger who scored 30 goals last season but you still need somebody to score 25+ goals,
your'e living in cloud cuckoo land

Too early for any predictions, because without a number 9 to put the ball in the net, there is still a huge missing piece in the jigsaw. Need at least 25+ goals from somewhere, to even be considered title contenders. But you can see the pieces starting to fall into place.
like when you were a kid doing a jigsaw when you hammered the pieces in even though they didnt fit and fucked the whole puzzle up then finished up binning it

Explain flids please.
Spastics.
There was a drug called thalidomide, a birth control pill, unfortunately it wasn't 100% effective. Babies were born with horrible deformities as a result of the use of the drug.
Short or no arms or legs, spinal problems and so on.
People with these afflictions were known as 'flids' an abbreviation for thalidomide.
I haven't heard that word used for maybe more than 20years and thought that it had died away, as it really ought to have done.
I hope that this is the last time I personally see it.

Teams go mentally on their holidays when they’ve got nothing to play for with a few games to go. If your lot really were in the beach during the cup final that is a pretty poor mentality Ten Hag has instilled

Sounds like they didnt have to try and impress ten bob to make the cup final team than.

Spastics.
There was a drug called thalidomide, a birth control pill, unfortunately it wasn't 100% effective. Babies were born with horrible deformities as a result of the use of the drug.
Short or no arms or legs, spinal problems and so on.
People with these afflictions were known as 'flids' an abbreviation for thalidomide.
I haven't heard that word used for maybe more than 20years and thought that it had died away, as it really ought to have done.
I hope that this is the last time I personally see it.
Well said. It was a term of abuse used in playgrounds 40'ish years ago and should have stayed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.