United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget Casemiro, for me the real elephant in the room is Mason Mount. They've bought a total and relatively young flop there.
Mainoo is another elephant in the room. He gets a free pass as a young player but looks shocking. No spatial awareness on the field. It’s not all his fault but their midfield is overrun in every match. Compare him to Rico or Oscar Bobb who are much better prospects.

Never rated him highly. Dined out on an assist in the CL final.

They say he was player of the year at Chelsea a couple of times, but I think him being from their system was part of the vote and he was one of the only half decent performers in a club that were on the slide.

I've never once seen him and thought he's some top level player. He's a mid table player at best but he's also at a mid table club, so I suppose he can't be knocked too much.

He'll probably be at somewhere like Brentford in a couple of years.
Not unless he takes a 60% pay cut. He'll be on a 5 year deal on 300k a week or similar.

He’s always behind play. Everyone can see it apart from Rags & every single pundit on tv but don’t tell me teams aren’t aware. Hes fucking dire!

His sense of where he is on the pitch is horrendous.

We could put it down to inexperience if we want to be kind about it, but then why play him as a starter in such an important role? He's a big part of the reason they're so easy to play through. Opponents know it too.

If he is this really talented prospect they say (i'm not seeing it), they'd ruin him before he reached his potential anyway. They're all been setting him up for a fall without knowing it.

Incredible they were pushing for him to start at the Euros. Imagine him starting against France or someone, the likes of Griezmanm would tear him a new arsehole.They'd be laughing watching footage of who they're coming up against.

Never rated him highly. Dined out on an assist in the CL final.

They say he was player of the year at Chelsea a couple of times, but I think him being from their system was part of the vote and he was one of the only half decent performers in a club that were on the slide.

I've never once seen him and thought he's some top level player. He's a mid table player at best but he's also at a mid table club, so I suppose he can't be knocked too much.

He'll probably be at somewhere like Brentford in a couple of years.
As a youth player he had it all and to be fair developed well under Lampard but he hit a brick wall. I wonder if that was in part due to the influence of his father but he really thought the grass was greener at Utd and yes he has had significant injuries he has had a terrible season.
To be fair to his he displayed a decent amount of energy last night but he is now 25 nd should be in his prime

I think the true story he saw they're a bunch of mugs, saw the dross that they buy for big money and knew he could make one last fortune out of them, knowing his legs are shot.

He was probably in on it with Real Madrid and they've pulled the rags pants down together and they both made a load of dough out of it. These things happen in business, why would footy be any different?
Shades of mcpointy......

Ok they had a lot of injuries last night but that would be a lame excuse to put out there.

The issues run far deeper and to be honest they were on show as early as their first game of the season when they were extremely lucky to beat Wolves you could see that there were problems.

This Utd squad isn’t one in transition nor is it young and developing it’s not just badly coached it’s a squad that needs to be totally dismantled that said I hope it’s not!

If you get a chance to have a good look at Palace’s first goal last night do so if I had anything to do with them I would be extremely worried about next season because most of the players they had on the pitch yesterday will be there next season. It’s no surprise that they will almost certainly finish in their lowest ever PL position

It’s quite staggering that we , Chelsea, are now higher them in the league not because I rate them nor is it because I think we as poor as some said in early season it’s because their squad has simply fallen off the cliff.

People go on about how many chances Jackson misses for us but he is 22 and despite not taking penalties he has scored to date 3 more than Fernández (10) has for Utd this season and of that 10 four were penalties and he is top of their scoring charts

If you exclude goals scored by Fernandez, Rashford , Hojland, Garnacho and Mctominay for Utd in the PL this season Jackson has scored more than the rest of their squad put together in effect exclude the GKs he has scored more than the 25 other players in their squad that have appeared for them this season. It’s not that Jackson is close to the finished product but he has energy and his overall effort is everything that Utd players don’t seem to display.

Why the doom and gloom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.