United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a youth player he had it all and to be fair developed well under Lampard but he hit a brick wall. I wonder if that was in part due to the influence of his father but he really thought the grass was greener at Utd and yes he has had significant injuries he has had a terrible season.
To be fair to his he displayed a decent amount of energy last night but he is now 25 nd should be in his prime

I don’t know why any player would consider moving from Chelsea to Utd these days, or indeed for the last ten years.

How long until the media stop making them out to be some top team and accept they’re mid table with the odd cup final, like Villa, Newcastle level?

Ok they had a lot of injuries last night but that would be a lame excuse to put out there.

The issues run far deeper and to be honest they were on show as early as their first game of the season when they were extremely lucky to beat Wolves you could see that there were problems.

This Utd squad isn’t one in transition nor is it young and developing it’s not just badly coached it’s a squad that needs to be totally dismantled that said I hope it’s not!

If you get a chance to have a good look at Palace’s first goal last night do so if I had anything to do with them I would be extremely worried about next season because most of the players they had on the pitch yesterday will be there next season. It’s no surprise that they will almost certainly finish in their lowest ever PL position

It’s quite staggering that we , Chelsea, are now higher them in the league not because I rate them nor is it because I think we as poor as some said in early season it’s because their squad has simply fallen off the cliff.

People go on about how many chances Jackson misses for us but he is 22 and despite not taking penalties he has scored to date 3 more than Fernández (10) has for Utd this season and of that 10 four were penalties and he is top of their scoring charts

If you exclude goals scored by Fernandez, Rashford , Hojland, Garnacho and Mctominay for Utd in the PL this season Jackson has scored more than the rest of their squad put together in effect exclude the GKs he has scored more than the 25 other players in their squad that have appeared for them this season. It’s not that Jackson is close to the finished product but he has energy and his overall effort is everything that Utd players don’t seem to display.
Maybe the table (eventually) doesn't lie. For most parts of the season, Chelsea have genuinely been the better team IMO. I can't remember one United win that I felt was truly convincing and that's really bad after 35 games. They are really lucky to be where they are on the table. At least with Chelsea, I remember a small handful where I think it's a well-deserved win.

Their goal difference is absolutely damning. For large portions of the season, they looked the odd one out, fleeting between zero or a negative, that suggests a fall off seems inevitable. Too much money spent on players who are supposed to be the solution, only to end up exacerbating it.

I don’t know why any player would consider moving from Chelsea to Utd these days, or indeed for the last ten years.

How long until the media stop making them out to be some top team and accept they’re mid table with the odd cup final, like Villa, Newcastle level?
The media still keep repeating "But this is Manchester Utd we are talking about" mantra, they keep them relevant.

But in reality teams like Villa and Newcastle are playing much better more exciting football.

It’s an autopsy of all things shit rags on talksport. It isn’t Monday, but it sure feels like a brilliant start to the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.