United Thread - 2023/24

Saw a very recent talk sport article...It read ;

" Kobbie Mainoo has been nothing short of sensational since breaking into the Manchester utd team "

I haven't seen enough of utds matches to comment tbh, but judging by many posters on here ,and highlights of their matches and general results..I'd be stunned if this comment was true.

Is this player worthy of his England euros call up ,or just another over hyped utd player.?
His positional awareness is absolutely shocking and teams walk through the rag midfield but as usual the rag youngster is the next George Best or Duncan Edwards till everyone realises he is distinctly average at best

" Kobbie Mainoo has been nothing short of sensational since breaking into the Manchester utd team "

I haven't seen enough of utds matches to comment tbh, but judging by many posters on here ,and highlights of their matches and general results..I'd be stunned if this comment was true.

Is this player worthy of his England euros call up ,or just another over hyped utd player.?
He's English init.

He will be at fulham in a couple of years

Correct and pundits and Rag fans keep on saying this. But they are naive and really do not grasp the fact that the majority of their players are sat on long term lucrative contracts.

Even if their players were attractive propositions to potential buying clubs, the fees being asked and huge wages they enjoy would put them off. Maguire would not budge last Summer and why would he move and reduce his wages by half?

They are stuck with what they have for a few years yet. The Glaziers are more interested in the players value on tthe balance sheet. For instance, the fraud of a professional footballer Anthony Martial was offered and took a 6 year contract extension in 2019 worth £62,000,000 to him. It was obvious back then he was a disinterested sick note of a player but they did it!

Nope they will have to add to their bloated expensive squad.
And it's bloody glorious!

His positional awareness is absolutely shocking and teams walk through the rag midfield but as usual the rag youngster is the next George Best or Duncan Edwards till everyone realises he is distinctly average at best
I've mentioned the recent Burnley goal at old Trafford where their player srode thru central mid with nobody challenging him..to set a goal up.

Reminds me for some reason ..of Colin Bell striding from his own half ,unchallenged to find Lee who found Law for the backheel in 1974.

I know footy in the 70s was different but I've always wondered how utd in 74 could leave such a wide open space for Bell to advance into...
And here we are 50 years later and relegated Burnley doing the same thing.....and the defensive midfielder who let them do it is in the England squad for the euros.
Unbelievable.

And here we are 50 years later and relegated Burnley doing the same thing.....and the defensive midfielder who let them do it is in the England squad for the euros.
Unbelievable.
That's the thing, it's not unbelievable: everybody was expecting it. Time and time again successive England managers have shoehorned a rag player into the squad at the expense of more deserving players. Waistcoat hasn't taken The Gash with him this time so maybe he is hoping to curry favour with the board at the swamp?

I truly can't remember the last time a rag was deservedly picked for the England squad, probably Shrek in his prime, but that's pretty much it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.