United Thread - 2023/24

Saw a very recent talk sport article...It read ;

" Kobbie Mainoo has been nothing short of sensational since breaking into the Manchester utd team "

I haven't seen enough of utds matches to comment tbh, but judging by many posters on here ,and highlights of their matches and general results..I'd be stunned if this comment was true.

Is this player worthy of his England euros call up ,or just another over hyped utd player.?

" Kobbie Mainoo has been nothing short of sensational since breaking into the Manchester utd team "

I haven't seen enough of utds matches to comment tbh, but judging by many posters on here ,and highlights of their matches and general results..I'd be stunned if this comment was true.

Is this player worthy of his England euros call up ,or just another over hyped utd player.?
I think you know the answer.

I think you know the answer.
Just trying to be open minded ..
I generally avoid comment ,even on a utd player, if I've not watched him.
I've seen highlights of goals conceded where this 18 year old kid has been running in treacle trying to get back
I've watched a Burnley player recently on a counter attack run, quite slowly , through an enormous gap in centre mid to set up a goal, and thought where is the boy wonder to stop him ?

He’s a good player but as usual he’s too young and inexperienced to be getting a call up for the full national team. Less claim than Rico has at the moment (in my opinion) but, well, here we are.

The latter! Another who dons the Emperors New Clothes!

The rags need a good clear out.
Correct and pundits and Rag fans keep on saying this. But they are naive and really do not grasp the fact that the majority of their players are sat on long term lucrative contracts.

Even if their players were attractive propositions to potential buying clubs, the fees being asked and huge wages they enjoy would put them off. Maguire would not budge last Summer and why would he move and reduce his wages by half?

They are stuck with what they have for a few years yet. The Glaziers are more interested in the players value on tthe balance sheet. For instance, the fraud of a professional footballer Anthony Martial was offered and took a 6 year contract extension in 2019 worth £62,000,000 to him. It was obvious back then he was a disinterested sick note of a player but they did it!

Nope they will have to add to their bloated expensive squad.

Ha- I've just seen gary neville (IAC) is running scared this weekend

When asked why he wouldn't go, Neville said on the Stick to Football podcast: “Do you know something, I went last year, I didn’t enjoy it. It was hard work getting into the stadium, it was hard work getting out to the car park, I ran into a couple of City fans on the way out and I just thought 'nah'."
A regular Wembley experience pretty much same as all the others then...
So what's different about this year, gary?

Last edited:
Tent Hag was a decent manager before the rags destroyed him. Potch would be no better.

The rags need a good clear out. Oli started that but then they signed Ronaldo and it got worse.
TurboLax wouldn't be enough ; an enema wouldn't be enough. They need the sort of clearout you get from two bottles of Pernod and a King Prawn VindaLOO from the Joy Bangla in Dids

Correct and pundits and Rag fans keep on saying this. But they are naive and really do not grasp the fact that the majority of their players are sat on long term lucrative contracts.

Even if their players were attractive propositions to potential buying clubs, the fees being asked and huge wages they enjoy would put them off. Maguire would not budge last Summer and why would he move and reduce his wages by half?

They are stuck with what they have for a few years yet. The Glaziers are more interested in the players value on tthe balance sheet. For instance, the fraud of a professional footballer Anthony Martial was offered and took a 6 year contract extension in 2019 worth £62,000,000 to him. It was obvious back then he was a disinterested sick note of a player but they did it!

Nope they will have to add to their bloated expensive squad.
This is why I LOVE the Glazers ; they're experts at milking the asset , have no clue whatsoever about "soccer", and haven't the slightest inclination to learn.
May their dynasty endure for a thousand years. Please.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.