United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw in the BBC’s Gossip Column this morning that Antony could go out on loan, provided the club he signs for is willing to pay his £70k/week salary.

Now, call me cynical, but I would have thought that a player?, who commands a transfer fee of £80 million, would have wages higher than £70 grand a week.

I saw in the BBC’s Gossip Column this morning that Antony could go out on loan, provided the club he signs for is willing to pay his £70k/week salary.

Now, call me cynical, but I would have thought that a player?, who commands a transfer fee of £80 million, would have wages higher than £70 grand a week.
Got win bonus on top
Oh hang on

Can somebody explain the Ronaldo thing with rag fans? (speak slowly and use big words etc!)

Spent six seasons with them. Then forced through a move to Real Madrid. Spent nine seasons with them. And then four with Juventus.

So he had thirteen prime years away playing for anybody but them. Yet somehow, he was "coming home" when he re-signed for them.

My question is then, if he loved them so much, why spend over double the time playing for somebody else?
Why wasn't the fans pissed off that he dare play for somebody else in the first place. Because don't forget "United" are the biggest club in the world. Big players only come to them, not leave. "This is Man United we are talking about". (not arrogant...just better)

They acted like jilted lovers.
Ie the missus leaves you for a better looking guy. She fucks around with him and another guy for thirteen years.
Then when the last guy won't spend as much money as before, she suddenly starts phoning you again.
She did leak a rumour than she fancied your (noisey) neighbour. This was to make sure you didn't hesitate, and agreed to come back to you if you treated her right and showed her complete respect. (ie give her lots of money)

He's completely had them. Yet most still think he is the messiah and one of them...
The whole Rags being the biggest club in the world is a misnomer. They have a massive following in the UK, in Asia and also Scandinavia. But for Latin, French players etc Real Madrid and Barcelona are the 'dream clubs'.

So Rags may attract UK talent, Scandi, Asian etc but they are nowhere near the draw that Madrid is.

In the UK City will have the pull of winning trophies, salaries plus of course the chance to work with Pep. Liverpool also have a big traditional following in the UK, Asia, Scandinavia. Arsenal to a lesser degree. Chelsea have ££££

But Madrid are the biggest club in the world IMHO when it comes to people having a romantic notion of playing for them. After that Barca. That's why Arsenal have triggered Nico Williams' buy out clause, offered him £325k a week but he'd rather go to Barca on £220k a week even though Arsenal are on a much better trajectory than Barca at present

Antony is paid on an outcome basis not a weekly salary. He gets paid £70k each time he gets the ball and doesn't fall over.

But you wouldn't want to admit it .............

He got a scoring bonus of £140,000 per goal, so, just the £70,000 a week then.

To be honest I thought they were all boyhood fans and played for nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.