United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely think they unfortunately have a lot of similarities these days, but in this, City would not be depraved or just merely stupid enough to do what United is doing right now.
City could probably afford to take the hit so that might help the decision

United are clearly struggling with FFP, so to pay off a homegrown player with no book value would make that situation much worse. That's why I think they and a lot of other clubs would bring him back in

It's wrong and really bleak

I definitely think they unfortunately have a lot of similarities these days, but in this, City would not be depraved or just merely stupid enough to do what United is doing right now.
Difference here is that I'm not sure our fans would stand for it. I think a lot of Rags will be pissed off at it as well, but I'm not sure about the match going knuckle draggers.

They could pay him off in full for less than 8 million. They're choosing not to because they think they've got a valuable asset on their hands and would get a fee for him. Or they think they can get away with bringing him back into the squad.
Agreed, as he is homegrown he has no book value too - so any fee they get would be 100% profit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.