United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
20 times 20 times Mason Greenwood
20 times 20 times she said No
20 times 20 times Mason Greenwood
So you beat her til her blood did flow.

May as well use a scum chant for a scum weasel.

PR woman reading from a teleprompter through gritted teeth: "Hello, and welcome members of the press.
Welcome to Mysoginist United, sorry I meant to say Manchester obviously, we are an inclusive club, anybody can join - Edwards, Best , Butt, Giggs, Ronaldo, Antony and now another one of own, Mason Greenwood.
Please remember to take your souvenier goodie bag on the way out, contains a signed baseball bat from both Mason and Giggs, a special presentation case of whiskey from our dear leader Sir Alex - 'Not to be drunk in My lifetime', a United branded and Giggs personally stained duvet cover, and a pair of complimentary branded condoms "The Antony and Ronaldo ribbed surprises.
So, questions, yes.. you sir... my word sir you look amazing... that suit really sets off your watch.. Mr Stone?"

SS: "Can I just say, I love you Sir Alex, please let me lick you...again... I think we can all agree Manchester United are the best and biggest football team in the world and have always and forever will be that way."

PR: "Thankyou Mr Stone, well I think that wraps it up, we've dealt with all the issues possible, please proceed to the foyer where they'll be prawn sandwiches served on brown envelopes waiting for you, make sure your hands are completely free, to enable you to double dip"

Media reporting : "United are the best", "United show their style", "United I want your babies"

Now I am not going to even try and defend the MG situation, but can I say a couple of things: was there not a player some years convicted of rape (Ched Evans I think) won his appeal and even after prison time returned to football.... did he get abusive chants aimed at him?

Also, but this one is right at the limit of my memory and I may not have it right: was there not a footballer who in a road accident killed someone and then ran away from the scene of the crime - did they ever return to the game (I need help with that one).

Finally there is Joey Barton: did he not stub out a cigar in the face of a City academy player and also do prison time for another issue and yet some years later was considered respectable enough to be a guest on BBCs Question Time?

George Best was also a t**t and 'Gazza' Gascoigne had a very physical relationship with his partner (wife?) and yet in some peoples eyes they are still regarded as heroes.

Like I said, not trying to defend MG and MUFC but I am curious to discuss how these other players were viewed in previous times compared with how MG is being portrayed now. Is it a generational thing (I don't think it is with Ched Evens as he is still a player now, I believe).

Please don't all come at me, I am just opening up the debate, especially across different time periods and how society has changed.

I read their press release....word for word..... i hope i am wrong but to me that sounded like laying the ground for his return.

It saddens me! i really thought rivalry aside "that club and its fans" would do the right thing.

Now it it would seem they are going to rally around the indefensible with the type of defence of him that is the epitome of what is wrong todays society!

Now I am not going to even try and defend the MG situation, but can I say a couple of things: was there not a player some years convicted of rape (Ched Evans I think) won his appeal and even after prison time returned to football.... did he get abusive chants aimed at him?

Also, but this one is right at the limit of my memory and I may not have it right: was there not a footballer who in a road accident killed someone and then ran away from the scene of the crime - did they ever return to the game (I need help with that one).

Finally there is Joey Barton: did he not stub out a cigar in the face of a City academy player and also do prison time for another issue and yet some years later was considered respectable enough to be a guest on BBCs Question Time?

George Best was also a t**t and 'Gazza' Gascoigne had a very physical relationship with his partner (wife?) and yet in some peoples eyes they are still regarded as heroes.

Like I said, not trying to defend MG and MUFC but I am curious to discuss how these other players were viewed in previous times compared with how MG is being portrayed now. Is it a generational thing (I don't think it is with Ched Evens as he is still a player now, I believe).

Please don't all come at me, I am just opening up the debate, especially across different time periods and how society has changed.
You said he deserves a second chance. Due to forum rules i think ill just add you to the ignore list and i hope you do not have a nice day.

You said he deserves a second chance. Due to forum rules i think ill just add you to the ignore list and i hope you do not have a nice day.

Well that is your viewpoint I have to accept that.

I may have said what you accuse, but once other people educated me I retracted that.

All I was trying to say earlier tonight and perhaps I didn't do it very well, was to compare this situation to those of other disgraceful footballers from the past.

When Gazza was being Gazza, when George Best was being George Best, did they have people with mobile phones recording everything they said and did - which is what has done for this guy in the eyes and ears of most people, even though it never went to court and at the end of the day in this country we operate under the principle of innocent until proven guilty. He has not been, in a court of law.

Like I said, I am not sticking up for him, I am just highlighting how times have changed. Plus this is what I think is going to be the argument United will use to avoid dumping a very valuable player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.