United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other clubs and teams in both women's and men's football will have a major say if they all stick together and boycott the games if he plays, He is not been made an innocent man by a court of law and the crimes against his girlfriend would normally find him behind bars, The CPS would never let any women drop a case with this sort of damage and harm made by a male,

pressure and money play a major part and its sicking that the laws of the land in the UK are still being bent and made to vanish because somebody of high status can pay to make it go away,

Has for the woman or should I say little girl, You have let all the other victims of domestic abuse down because they will see people like Greenwood walking free and just think what is the point of going to the police,
“He is not been made an innocent man by a court of law “
What’s he been found guilty of?

We welcome the Super Cup to our collection.
They welcome Mason "I'm the daddy" Greenwood

Now I am not going to even try and defend the MG situation, but can I say a couple of things: was there not a player some years convicted of rape (Ched Evans I think) won his appeal and even after prison time returned to football.... did he get abusive chants aimed at him?

Also, but this one is right at the limit of my memory and I may not have it right: was there not a footballer who in a road accident killed someone and then ran away from the scene of the crime - did they ever return to the game (I need help with that one).

Finally there is Joey Barton: did he not stub out a cigar in the face of a City academy player and also do prison time for another issue and yet some years later was considered respectable enough to be a guest on BBCs Question Time?

George Best was also a t**t and 'Gazza' Gascoigne had a very physical relationship with his partner (wife?) and yet in some peoples eyes they are still regarded as heroes.

Like I said, not trying to defend MG and MUFC but I am curious to discuss how these other players were viewed in previous times compared with how MG is being portrayed now. Is it a generational thing (I don't think it is with Ched Evens as he is still a player now, I believe).

Please don't all come at me, I am just opening up the debate, especially across different time periods and how society has changed.

I think the difference is times have changed & so has the media.

We got this story before the press, worldwide exclusive with pictures & sound. No injunctions for the Sunday papers, no sweetheart deals & a pay off by the club.

Previously she’d have gone from being coerced by her partner to coerced by the club into keeping schtum, go on holiday & pull herself together, a bit of a pay off & then binned by the player. (The crass language is to represent the bad old days not my views)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.