United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever won the quad have you FUCK...

Now I am not going to even try and defend the MG situation, but can I say a couple of things: was there not a player some years convicted of rape (Ched Evans I think) won his appeal and even after prison time returned to football.... did he get abusive chants aimed at him?

Also, but this one is right at the limit of my memory and I may not have it right: was there not a footballer who in a road accident killed someone and then ran away from the scene of the crime - did they ever return to the game (I need help with that one).

Finally there is Joey Barton: did he not stub out a cigar in the face of a City academy player and also do prison time for another issue and yet some years later was considered respectable enough to be a guest on BBCs Question Time?

George Best was also a t**t and 'Gazza' Gascoigne had a very physical relationship with his partner (wife?) and yet in some peoples eyes they are still regarded as heroes.

Like I said, not trying to defend MG and MUFC but I am curious to discuss how these other players were viewed in previous times compared with how MG is being portrayed now. Is it a generational thing (I don't think it is with Ched Evens as he is still a player now, I believe).

Please don't all come at me, I am just opening up the debate, especially across different time periods and how society has changed.
You' are if course right.
P J Proby incidents no longer derail careers.
We live in an era where money, greed and vested interests trump scandal. Profumo would probably have gone onto become PM.
Drink driving, drug taking, gbh/abh, sexual impropriety, abuse towards women are no longer career enders, in fact the poor perpetrators are to be pitied as "indiscretions" are no longer their fault - they will of course have "demon's" or be on a spectrum scale, had a tough upbringing etc etc excuses.

It is a societal issue, we are too quick to accept all the guff excuses after an initial period of justified disgust.

In this case, Uniteds/Tena's needs outweigh the issue of of violence towards women.
A sad state.

Last edited:
I read their press release....word for word..... i hope i am wrong but to me that sounded like laying the ground for his return.

It saddens me! i really thought rivalry aside "that club and its fans" would do the right thing.

Now it it would seem they are going to rally around the indefensible with the type of defence of him that is the epitome of what is wrong todays society!

I used to wrie stuff like that. It's pretty clear the decision has been taken and all they are doing is testing the timing. The more backlash, the longer it will take.

Criticise me for my views on the topic, but please don't accuse me of being a 'rag' as I am not one. I just happen to be interested in politics, society, the law and equality issues in 2023.

For example, is it not interesting that the delays on this announcement are allegedly to do with involving all stake-holders, including the members of the Man Utd womens team, three of whom are away with England and doing rather well at the World Cup.

Ella Toone is on £6000 quid a week whilst MG is on £75,000 a week and yet she (and the other MUFC women) may have some influence over whether that continues to be the case. I find that quite interesting. I would prefer it if they both earned the same! But this is a start.

Your mistake is believing anything that is written in that statement. It's all bullshit, trust me.

Well that is your viewpoint I have to accept that.

I may have said what you accuse, but once other people educated me I retracted that.

All I was trying to say earlier tonight and perhaps I didn't do it very well, was to compare this situation to those of other disgraceful footballers from the past.

When Gazza was being Gazza, when George Best was being George Best, did they have people with mobile phones recording everything they said and did - which is what has done for this guy in the eyes and ears of most people, even though it never went to court and at the end of the day in this country we operate under the principle of innocent until proven guilty. He has not been, in a court of law.

Like I said, I am not sticking up for him, I am just highlighting how times have changed. Plus this is what I think is going to be the argument United will use to avoid dumping a very valuable player.
To be honest I think you should sit down and have a long hard think of what you are actually saying with you're last few posts regarding this topic.

It's a bit strange that you are comparing this to Gazza ect...It's a bit sick to be honest that you are comparing past players to this situation. Seems like you have major doubts that he should be banned from football.

I don't know you at all but IF you have a daughter and god forbid she was being treated in that way how would that make you feel?

Would you say "Ah it's OK sure didn't Johnny down the road stick a cigar in someone's eye in 1998...It's just times are changing so bang away mate".

FFS

Criticise me for my views on the topic, but please don't accuse me of being a 'rag' as I am not one. I just happen to be interested in politics, society, the law and equality issues in 2023.

For example, is it not interesting that the delays on this announcement are allegedly to do with involving all stake-holders, including the members of the Man Utd womens team, three of whom are away with England and doing rather well at the World Cup.

Ella Toone is on £6000 quid a week whilst MG is on £75,000 a week and yet she (and the other MUFC women) may have some influence over whether that continues to be the case. I find that quite interesting. I would prefer it if they both earned the same! But this is a start.

I find it sad that they have to talk to all their 'stakeholders' in order to do 'the right thing'. Have they no morals themselves to guide them that they have to ask others?

I find it sad that they have to talk to all their 'stakeholders' in order to do 'the right thing'. Have they no morals themselves to guide them that they have to ask others?

Just more bullshit to get round the fact that they are going to play the vile **** at the first opportunity.

Morally bankrupt club who will put themselves through hoops to justify their actions, which most decent and right minded people should condemn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.