United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a drip drip drip of this shit for months! They would of had meetings about how to get him back in the squad and come up with a plan using the media they pay off! Said before if he was a bag of shit they would of sacked him and he would gone to jail..
He is!

Now I am not going to even try and defend the MG situation, but can I say a couple of things: was there not a player some years convicted of rape (Ched Evans I think) won his appeal and even after prison time returned to football.... did he get abusive chants aimed at him?

Also, but this one is right at the limit of my memory and I may not have it right: was there not a footballer who in a road accident killed someone and then ran away from the scene of the crime - did they ever return to the game (I need help with that one).

Finally there is Joey Barton: did he not stub out a cigar in the face of a City academy player and also do prison time for another issue and yet some years later was considered respectable enough to be a guest on BBCs Question Time?

George Best was also a t**t and 'Gazza' Gascoigne had a very physical relationship with his partner (wife?) and yet in some peoples eyes they are still regarded as heroes.

Like I said, not trying to defend MG and MUFC but I am curious to discuss how these other players were viewed in previous times compared with how MG is being portrayed now. Is it a generational thing (I don't think it is with Ched Evens as he is still a player now, I believe).

Please don't all come at me, I am just opening up the debate, especially across different time periods and how society has changed.
Desperate rag.

Desperate rag.

Criticise me for my views on the topic, but please don't accuse me of being a 'rag' as I am not one. I just happen to be interested in politics, society, the law and equality issues in 2023.

For example, is it not interesting that the delays on this announcement are allegedly to do with involving all stake-holders, including the members of the Man Utd womens team, three of whom are away with England and doing rather well at the World Cup.

Ella Toone is on £6000 quid a week whilst MG is on £75,000 a week and yet she (and the other MUFC women) may have some influence over whether that continues to be the case. I find that quite interesting. I would prefer it if they both earned the same! But this is a start.

Criticise me for my views on the topic, but please don't accuse me of being a 'rag' as I am not one. I just happen to be interested in politics, society, the law and equality issues in 2023.

For example, is it not interesting that the delays on this announcement are allegedly to do with involving all stake-holders, including the members of the Man Utd womens team, three of whom are away with England and doing rather well at the World Cup.

Ella Toone is on £6000 quid a week whilst MG is on £75,000 a week and yet she (and the other MUFC women) may have some influence over whether that continues to be the case. I find that quite interesting. I would prefer it if they both earned the same! But this is a start.

I think you’ve been taken for a ride by the Raggy media.

No chance she is on 300k a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.