United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I think they are wrong’uns I do think there are difficult questions which society hasn’t answered?

What do we expect Greenwood to do to earn & provide for his family? Goodwillie was signed by a very semi pro outfit here in Perth WA & they backed out after outrage.

Like many others I say wrongun, don’t sign them but it has to be answered.

He's talented enough to be a top level footballer, with the capacity to earn millions of pounds each year. If he's blown away his gifts and talents because he's a woman beater and possibly a rapist, then he himself forfeits the earning potential he once had. It is not up to society to replace his lost earning potential.

Greenwood should now have to get the best job he can to maximise his earnings. That could be as a footballer, if he can find a team that would take him. If he can't, he should utilise his education and get the best job his qualifications would allow. That might be as a professor or a teacher or a driver or a cleaner or a pundit or whatever. He might need to lower his earning expectations.

If he does end up driving for Amazon, or stacking shelves, I wonder if his girlfriend and her father will continue to stick by him - for better or for worse.

As much as I think they are wrong’uns I do think there are difficult questions which society hasn’t answered?

What do we expect Greenwood to do to earn & provide for his family? Goodwillie was signed by a very semi pro outfit here in Perth WA & they backed out after outrage.

Like many others I say wrongun, don’t sign them but it has to be answered.

It’s not society’s job to worry about what a rapist violent abuser footballer should do next. It’s on him.

The big difference between Greenwood and say Mendy is that there is video in the public domain of him doing it, regardless of whether he has been convicted or not.

Fuck him.

He's talented enough to be a top level footballer, with the capacity to earn millions of pounds each year. If he's blown away his gifts and talents because he's a woman beater and possibly a rapist, then he himself forfeits the earning potential he once had. It is not up to society to replace his lost earning potential.

Greenwood should now have to get the best job he can to maximise his earnings. That could be as a footballer, if he can find a team that would take him. If he can't, he should utilise his education and get the best job his qualifications would allow. That might be as a professor or a teacher or a driver or a cleaner or a pundit or whatever. He might need to lower his earning expectations.

If he does end up driving for Amazon, or stacking shelves, I wonder if his girlfriend and her father will continue to stick by him - for better or for worse.
‘So tell me, Mason Greenwood’s girlfriend’s dad, what 1st attracted you to your daughters millionaire boyfriend?’

Edit: slightly snappier
‘So tell me, Mr Greenwood, what 1st attracted you to your daughters millionaire boyfriend?’

Last edited:
It’s not society’s job to worry about what a rapist violent abuser footballer should do next. It’s on him.

The big difference between Greenwood and say Mendy is that there is video in the public domain of him doing it, regardless of whether he has been convicted or not.

Fuck him.
He’ll end up in Saudi for an undisclosed fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.