United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I said I wouldn't take him on a free at city. He's just not the player some people thought he was.

Why any team would buy Mount and not even go in for Maddison when he's available is beyond me, he's 10x better. I know sometimes people say "they're not like for like, Maddison is a 10 .Mount is an 8". That's all nonsense, Maddison covers a lot of ground, he drops deep, presses etc. All the things Mount is supposed to do but excellent with the ball.

I said the other day that any armchair fan could've said Mount will look anonymous for the rags, so you wonder why these so called experts don't see it.

He'll be a regular on the bench by October
All nonsense to me… an 8 is just a right footed 10 in my day. Inside right and inside left

They won't release anything until we play or there is news of us signing someone. They did it last week, about an hour before we played Seville they had the Greenwood news breaking.
Fuckin media whores them lot, their PR team are out there on their own for shoehorning their shithouse headlines in-between important games or news.

Are they announcing their greenwood decision today?
I know I'm a cynical FOC but I still feel that they had no intention of letting him back to the fold. The whole thing was a cheap publicity stunt engineered by the club to make out the Glazers care for their supporters and 'after close consultation with various fan groups we have decided to act in a way that they -the supporters- wanted us too.'

It was a clumsy and amateurish stunt from start to finish, but no more than we have all come to expect from a club so bereft of morals they make Torquemada look like Ned Flanders.

The whole thing will blow over within a week or so, but most importantly for the Glazers it will sell a few more replica shirts and make the club look like they care about the community.

I know I'm a cynical FOC but I still feel that they had no intention of letting him back to the fold. The whole thing was a cheap publicity stunt engineered by the club to make out the Glazers care for their supporters and 'after close consultation with various fan groups we have decided to act in a way that they -the supporters- wanted us too.'

It was a clumsy and amateurish stunt from start to finish, but no more than we have all come to expect from a club so bereft of morals they make Torquemada look like Ned Flanders.

The whole thing will blow over within a week or so, but most importantly for the Glazers it will sell a few more replica shirts and make the club look like they care about the community.
'They make Torquemada look like Ned Flanders'

Now that, fellow Blues, is what I call a sentence.. worthy of comparison with Elmore Leonard, E L Doctorow, nay, even Dickens himself. Read well and digest for future reference, all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.