United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is funny, I hope it's true:

"While the Portuguese superstar was playing for Real Madrid - where he won numerous honours and highlighted his status as one of the greatest players of all-time - Greenwood was reported to have openly said Ronaldo's career was 'dead' - slang for 'finished' - when referencing the 38-year-old's perceived decline.

He received a telling off from United chiefs at the time who felt it demonstrated a lack of maturity on his behalf.

The comment emerged in March this year, with the pair having previously spent a spell together as team-mates when Ronaldo returned to Old Trafford for a second time in 2021.

However, the report went onto say how when the forward was informed of Greenwood's comments, he was infuriated, and urged Saudi League chiefs to never make a move for the Englishman.

One source told The Sun: 'Ronaldo isn't known for his thick skin. He was really annoyed at what Greenwood said — but he has good reason to be when you consider what Ronaldo has achieved in his career and where Greenwood finds himself.

'Greenwood had his nose put out of joint when Ronaldo signed for United because he ended up playing a lot less than he had hoped for, so their relationship was difficult.'"

Ronaldo was the first major name to move to the Saudi Pro League when he joined Al-Nassr at the end of last year and is reportedly hugely influential in the kingdom, meaning his anti-Greenwood sentiment is therefore likely to have a large impact on the situation.

The source added: 'Ronaldo is treated as royalty in Saudi and what he says goes."

Can't believe Manure haven't paid him off and ditched him being as their "the worlds biggest club"*

Is this the United way ? Good on Rachel to stand up to the wankers.

They have been shite for a decade now and haven't really been a truly elite club for 15 years or so. The Class of 92 was almost 32 years ago. I wonder when the point will arrive when the pundits stop saying: "This is Manchester United we are talking about." Mind you they still say it about Liverpool whose biggest glory days were 40 years ago. Our sports broadcasters are trapped in the past. In fact you could widen that to all news organisations because this country is obsessed with the past (not just in football coverage). Perhaps because the future of the UK is too painful to contemplate.

“It’s not the 90s anymore”

So he says he did not commit the acts he is accused of. But he has made mistakes serious enough to mean he can no longer play for utd . So what exactly are the mistakes he made, short of what he was accused of, that are serious enough to mean he can no longer be employed by them?

I've not really followed this story too much but that what I was thinking.

I think every man and his dog knows he is guilty as fuck. He knows it, United fans and owners know it, if it wasn't for the ladies protesting they would have kept ahold of their "asset"

I bet he will sign for Oldham in 2025. You can guarantee they will take a gamble on a player worth 30m+ potentially more. They did it with Lee Hughes

I've not really followed this story too much but that what I was thinking.

I think every man and his dog knows he is guilty as fuck. He knows it, United fans and owners know it, if it wasn't for the ladies protesting they would have kept ahold of their "asset"

I bet he will sign for Oldham in 2025. You can guarantee they will take a gamble on a player worth 30m+ potentially more. They did it with Lee Hughes
At least Lee Hughes had served a sentence for his crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.