United Thread - 2023/24

Ferguson had the power the years before the retirement. And the fans made it almost impossible to change that.
I've yet to meet a rag fan who would have a wrong word said about Ferguson, I'll be reaching for the popcorn if that were to ever happen.

Sorry mate, it’s not often I disagree with you, and I’m somewhat swimming against the tide on here, but of course it’s all ultimately the Glazers‘ fault.

They have executive control of the direction and strategy of the club, including the hiring of senior personnel. The buck has to stop with them because they ultimately have the power to do something about it. Yes, they’ve supported the Club in terms of transfers, but the associated poor recruitment ultimately has to rest with them. If they’d hired the right people (especially in terms of player recruitment) had the right structure in place, and had a workable vision for the club, then United wouldn’t be the shambles they are today. All these things were within their gift to address if they’d had the wherewithal.

The money the club has spent since they last won the PL plainly supports the argument that they are terrible owners, not the other way round as others are suggesting; as much as spending £100k on a twenty year old Mondeo with 250,000 miles on the clock does not make you a great used car dealer. It’s actually a preposterous argument to equate profligacy with worthwhile support.

They are clearly completely clueless and that will infect all levels of the organisation they own and ultimately operate. .

united were imperious when they bought the club and now, twenty years later, they are a laughing stock. Who else could or should ultimately carry the can for that reduction during that period?
UMS has a game plan it's called chuck money at it and it'll return 10 fold, only problem is it needs chucking at the right thing/players and they're much too thick or conceeted or untrusting to empower someone with any idea of what to do and prefer to keep baconface as the advisor.

A mad Louis/Ragnick combo was the nearest they could have had to pull them out of the shit.

Irrespective of league position this current pile of dross is the poorest quality squad they've had since '74. But not to worry they'll fleece the sheep and just throw more money at it and it'll return 10 fold.

Dizzy as fuck going round and round in ever decreasing circles where the season ends earlier and earlier. We've not even had an August champions moment this season.

Long live UMS.

ou say Plus they had a clean sheet with no baggage. There was no "the City Way" there is no "istory" no knights of the realm stinking the place out. The owners could, and did, start from afresh and create what there is today, and will continue to evolve. This is due to having a management team that has vision and are not hamstrung by "istory". Long may it last.
I agree but when you say "istory" do you mean Ferguson.

Not sure whether I’m so biased, I cant see the truth. But for 4-5 seasons now, every time I see United away from home against a proper team, it looks like they’re trying to nick it. So much spent and playing back foot, cowardly football. Billion pound Palace.
Far from being biased, if anything you're giving them too much credit.

It's not just away from home against the bigger teams, even at home against the lesser sides they predominantly play park the bus hoofball and unfortunately it has frequently worked for them, getting comprehensively outplayed only to suckerpunch the opposition and nick a thoroughly undeserved goal on the break well against the run of play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.