United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
His tentacles are still all over that club and that’s part of the problem. He suggested Moyes, he got involved with signing Ronaldo. I would imagine many more of their signings quietly had his paw prints all over them.

They need a clean break from him and a new reality check in their mentality that they don’t have a right to be successful because they were in the 90s.
I know, from a very good source, why he resigned, which was that the Glazers, via Woodward, kiboshed his plan to bring Ronaldo back in the summer of 2013, telling him he could only spend £30m net. My theory is that Moyes was his response to that, on the lines of "If you want someone to manage on a budget, then here you are".

The same source, when I asked what he (Ferguson) thought of the Glazers, was succinct. "He hates them" was the response.

It wouldn't surprise me therefore if he stuck around precisely with the intent of sabotaging their ownership and trying to get them out. Fortunately he's failed in that so far, although we'll see what tomorrow brings when the NYSE opens again after the Labor Day holiday.

They've had a horrific transfer window. Kane, Rice, Bellingham are three players the rags of old would have been all over, with a real chance of securing them.

Instead I'd say the only good signing they've made is Onana. Mount was overpriced and is overrated. Amrabat took them all summer despite him only wanting them. They sign a blonde Scandinavian with about three goals to his name for a fortune because he sounds like Haaland. And they re-sign Jonny Evans.

The whole structure there is absolutely awful and it's fantastic to watch.

They were lucky to beat Wolves, possibly unlucky to lose at Spurs but overall have been woeful. That back 4 that finished the game last night is truly relegation level.
Agree. Plenty of quality players moved this window and rags did not manage to improve.

Motd2 had a great analysis last night of the shit build up play.

Trouble of the pitch with stupid comments from ten hag.

It's bad across the piece.

Over the weekend I met the wife of an old associate of mine: as plastic a rag as you will ever see. She told me he (the rag) is getting fed up with how poor the vermin are but really admires City and the way we are doing things.
I told her to tell him to fuck right off. He's ditching the rags because they are not successful anymore, and now wants to latch onto my beloved Blues? Nope, I'm not having it.
For so many years I've seen this guy at different venues and he's been lauding it up over myself and other City fans: all the usual garbage - no need to go into details. But now the shoe is on the other foot he wants to be a Blue (ok, his wife didn't actually say those words, but that was the inference I got from her).

If I ever see him in City colours I will stand up and call him out for the fair-weather wanker that he obviously is. Embarrass him in front of mates.

Prick. You support a club and you stay supporting them for the rest of your life. The club becomes like a family to you, ups and downs, good times and bad. But you fucking stick in there, mate. If the club is going through some turmoil, both on and off the pitch, you also go through that turmoil. You also feel the pain, as much as anyone else involved in the club. You don't fucking ditch them because another club is now the dominant force: winning trophies, grabbing the headlines, enjoying all the plaudits and admiration that inevitably follow a bit of success.

I know, from a very good source, why he resigned, which was that the Glazers, via Woodward, kiboshed his plan to bring Ronaldo back in the summer of 2013, telling him he could only spend £30m net. My theory is that Moyes was his response to that, on the lines of "If you want someone to manage on a budget, then here you are".

The same source, when I asked what he (Ferguson) thought of the Glazers, was succinct. "He hates them" was the response.

It wouldn't surprise me therefore if he stuck around precisely with the intent of sabotaging their ownership and trying to get them out. Fortunately he's failed in that so far, although we'll see what tomorrow brings when the NYSE opens again after the Labor Day holiday.
Given that Moyes spent at the time big money on £70m+ on Mata and Fellaini, and that Ferguson has gone above and beyond to back the Glazers during and after his reign of terror, I'm gonna take your trusted source with a pinch of salt.

This.

You still get the impression that there are an awful lot of people still at the rat infested shit hole who constantly chip in with:

"Well, we've always done it this way." Whenever any semblance of common sense raises it's head. Long may it continue.

SCUM.
It’s funny, the whole “United way” thing used to really get on my tits, but now I think it’s a hilarious millstone round their fucking neck.

When Ferguson left he should have been more involved in the transition. Not so much on the pitch but more as a director of football who was ensuring that their style evolved.

They sleep walked those first few years if not the whole decade.

He probebly could have assisted with the transition by leaving the team in better shape than he did. Always seemed to me at the time that he was more concerned with delivering that last title rather than leaving a squad that was in good shape to kick on moving forward.

It gets better! An 88th min Rag goal chalked off! But WTF is VAR doing chalking off Rag potentially winning goals. That was just how VAR was not meant to operate! Has Fergie recovered?
Sadly I doubt Fergie has even noticed the game has finished yet.

(and yes, I say sadly because it is sad seeing anyone's health deteriorate before our eyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.