United Thread - 2023/24

He probebly could have assisted with the transition by leaving the team in better shape than he did. Always seemed to me at the time that he was more concerned with delivering that last title rather than leaving a squad that was in good shape to kick on moving forward.

It was/is always about him.

I know, from a very good source, why he resigned, which was that the Glazers, via Woodward, kiboshed his plan to bring Ronaldo back in the summer of 2013, telling him he could only spend £30m net. My theory is that Moyes was his response to that, on the lines of "If you want someone to manage on a budget, then here you are".

The same source, when I asked what he (Ferguson) thought of the Glazers, was succinct. "He hates them" was the response.

It wouldn't surprise me therefore if he stuck around precisely with the intent of sabotaging their ownership and trying to get them out. Fortunately he's failed in that so far, although we'll see what tomorrow brings when the NYSE opens again after the Labor Day holiday.
Hang on, I thought Ferguson was going to retire in 2012 (presumably after winning another title) to spend more time at home and only stayed on for an extra year because we won the league?

When Ferguson left he should have been more involved in the transition. Not so much on the pitch but more as a director of football who was ensuring that their style evolved.

They sleep walked those first few years if not the whole decade.

I always got the feeling he wasn’t overly upset to see them not replicate his success.

I think his ego quite liked it, not sure he’s happy now but certainly the few years preceding his retirement I never got the feeling he hoped they continued with the same or more success.

Just a reminder that without PGMOL United would currently be two places above relegation.
That's just without the major corrupt decisions. If they were actually refereed fairly, ie pulled on all their foul tactics, they'd probably be higher up the table, although it would be the championship table.

Given that Moyes spent at the time big money on £70m+ on Mata and Fellaini, and that Ferguson has gone above and beyond to back the Glazers during and after his reign of terror, I'm gonna take your trusted source with a pinch of salt.
I think the issue for Ferguson with the Glazers is the 99 questions.

I have no doubt in my mind about two things. Firstly, that Magnier and McManus knew the answer to most of those questions at the time they posed them. And secondly, that they told Malcolm Glazer the particulars around those questions when they sold the shares to him (or maybe before) possibly because they were promoted to do so by Malcolm. Or maybe simply to stick it to Taggart.

I have absolutely no doubt that chain of events informed Ferguson’s relationship with the Glazer family - and it still does today. They know where the bodies are buried.

I know, from a very good source, why he resigned, which was that the Glazers, via Woodward, kiboshed his plan to bring Ronaldo back in the summer of 2013, telling him he could only spend £30m net. My theory is that Moyes was his response to that, on the lines of "If you want someone to manage on a budget, then here you are".

The same source, when I asked what he (Ferguson) thought of the Glazers, was succinct. "He hates them" was the response.

It wouldn't surprise me therefore if he stuck around precisely with the intent of sabotaging their ownership and trying to get them out. Fortunately he's failed in that so far, although we'll see what tomorrow brings when the NYSE opens again after the Labor Day holiday.

We know that he is the reason the Glazers were able to buy the club, Rock of Gibraltar etc. No wonder he ‘hates them’! How United fans don’t hold him responsible absolutely baffles me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.