United Thread - 2023/24

The epitome of a waste of a fathers spunk

Reacting like the spoilt twat of a child who gets an Action Man for Christmas, opens the box only to find it empty and his dad telling him it's the Action Man Deserter model
Spoilt twat who gets nowt for Christmas?

You sound like you've got my old man's twisted logic pal; gives nothing and then tells everyone how spoilt the kid is. ;)

It was funny when the sky presenter said looks like Glazers a not selling now and chirped straight it is, it's is then went on a rant and went one step further yesterday saying it toxic behind the scenes he knows people there saying that, also they don't know if they'll be there job wise because of the club for sale malarky for the last 1 year! Squealing about the turnover and why they shouldn't be any ffp issues with the money the club bring in! Sorry the mans a thick fcuk and should educate himself on finances at clubs how they run and how ffp effects clubs!

Must admit, I don't think enough has been said, or done to challenge Gary Neville on what is almost a propaganda machine in his post-match analysis.

His constant uttering of 'the Glazers have got to go' is airing to millions of people across the world, and I'm not sure it's the road that Sky should be allowing him to go down given their 'impartiality' as a broadcaster.

There should be at least a challenge, if not a counter argument every single time he mentions their names, as ultimately it is only an opinion, but one that can inform a lot of others peoples opinion.

Sky and impartiality, there’s two words that don’t go together. They force feed Neville/Carragher and the United v Liverpool narrative down our throats, why when they are all yesterdays men? Sky’s coverage of football is boring, cliched and tedious and amounts to little more of a rag fanzine with live football sandwiched in between.

Liking these posts today. Watched the scum game at a golf club yesterday where I had played as a visitor.
Kept very quiet and only declared my allegiance as I was leaving. I heard the full range of entitled, historic soundbites and thought of this.

Martin Luther King, Jr. Revenge... is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion.

Sky and impartiality, there’s two words that don’t go together. They force feed Neville/Carragher and the United v Liverpool narrative down our throats, why when they are all yesterdays men? Sky’s coverage of football is boring, cliched and tedious and amounts to little more of a rag fanzine with live football sandwiched in between.
I’m not even sure (and I could be wrong) that they’ve got a statutory duty to be impartial. If GB News can get away with it, then why can’t Sky Sports?!

This is what I don’t get about what @SebastianBlue (who is a fucking brilliant poster btw) is saying. How can the people at the top of an organisation, with executive control, and huge resources at their disposal, not be ultimately be responsible for the direction of that organisation over a twenty year period? To say they had no power to address these things simply cannot be right given the enduring revenue of that organisation, which would have given them the means and the time to make those difficult choices.

Or putting it this way, I reckon there are sales managers on £60k who could genuinely do a better job at running that club (as would any competent person of reasonable insight and intelligence) such is their ineptitude. They really are that bad.

Second generations of self-made men are often ineffectual and decadent. They don’t have the hunger, desire or street-smart of the parent that gave them that leg up in the first place. That is what we are dealing with here.

One only has to look at the state of that stadium, in actual and relative terms to when they took over the club, to realise how much they are completely out of their depth.

On that basis, and on the basis that any competent person could do a better job, the argument they were powerless to substantively tackle the issues at the club holds no water.

It’s akin to saying Peter Swales was powerless to stop our decline over the course of his tenure.

The buck, as you say, stopped with him.

Institutional failure always comes from the top. Always.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.