United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no obligation for any commercial media outlet to be impartial.Sky could run a daily Glazer Out broadcasts if they wanted to.

Only time there’s a requirement for impartiality/increased sensitivity is during elections (but that’s pretty much ignored these days anyway when you look at the mail or mirror in the run up to a GE)
Thought so. Thanks :-)

What is it with utd players going public about their club.

I mean sancho has been called out publicly about his lack of training, and instead of getting his head down and working hard he goes on twitter to woman.

Utd truly are just a bunch of mercenaries.

Ed Woodward was an investment banker, employed by the Glazers prior to the take over. He was running the club from 2012 - 2022. All of the players that don't want to leave the club, are a direct result of the bumper contracts that Ed Woodward gave them. Not only do they not want to leave, no other clubs can match their wages. They were only able to ship out Mata, Jones, De Gea, Pogba and Lingard because their contracts had expired. They've still got Van De Beek, Maguire, Martial, Bailly and McTominay that won't leave. If you combined all of the salaries of these deadwood (or Ed Wood) players, you'd easily be looking at 100m per season.

That's money that should be invested into the squad on an annual basis. Instead of dipping into all of the money made from fans & sponsorship. On paper, they should be a very profitable club. They made a profit of 1.5bn over the the term of Glazer ownership, but they squandered it on debt repayments, and poor decisions on player recruitment. They also lined their own pockets taking dividends out of these profits.

This rumour that they value the club at double what they were offered, only highlights how out of touch from reality they really are. The Glazer siblings are like an episode of succession. None of them have any talent or business acumen, they are squabbling with each other, trying to milk dry the investments that their father made for them. Not one of them is brave enough to come out and make a statement or have any sort of dialogue with the fans. It's all middle men and consultants.

And riddle me this. If you have an asset that is valued at 5bn. And you run it into the ground for a further 2 years, not investing or improving the value. Why would you think it could be worth 10bn in 2025???
What do they know that everybody else doesn't?

Another stab at the super league coming down the track maybe?

Have I missed any rumours regarding Sancho and his "real reasons for not playing"?
Yes. Last week in training he walked into Ten Bob's office and said 'I want what he's got'. He then showed him a picture of Phil with the Treble. Apparently ten bob just started laughing before uttering the immortal words 'not a fuckin' chance'.

Ed Woodward was an investment banker, employed by the Glazers prior to the take over. He was running the club from 2012 - 2022. All of the players that don't want to leave the club, are a direct result of the bumper contracts that Ed Woodward gave them. Not only do they not want to leave, no other clubs can match their wages. They were only able to ship out Mata, Jones, De Gea, Pogba and Lingard because their contracts had expired. They've still got Van De Beek, Maguire, Martial, Bailly and McTominay that won't leave. If you combined all of the salaries of these deadwood (or Ed Wood) players, you'd easily be looking at 100m per season.

That's money that should be invested into the squad on an annual basis. Instead of dipping into all of the money made from fans & sponsorship. On paper, they should be a very profitable club. They made a profit of 1.5bn over the the term of Glazer ownership, but they squandered it on debt repayments, and poor decisions on player recruitment. They also lined their own pockets taking dividends out of these profits.

This rumour that they value the club at double what they were offered, only highlights how out of touch from reality they really are. The Glazer siblings are like an episode of succession. None of them have any talent or business acumen, they are squabbling with each other, trying to milk dry the investments that their father made for them. Not one of them is brave enough to come out and make a statement or have any sort of dialogue with the fans. It's all middle men and consultants.

And riddle me this. If you have an asset that is valued at 5bn. And you run it into the ground for a further 2 years, not investing or improving the value. Why would you think it could be worth 10bn in 2025???
What do they know that everybody else doesn't?
That United are fucking shite!

What is it with utd players going public about their club.

I mean sancho has been called out publicly about his lack of training, and instead of getting his head down and working hard he goes on twitter to woman.

Utd truly are just a bunch of mercenaries.

It was a great bit of work when we got that egotistical little shit out of the door. I never got all the hype over him when he was promoted into the England team he was bang average there too.

I think if your business is struggling (and I think, on balance, their wider business has to be) then hope will usually trump cold logic.

I think it’s likely they need that sum, or something resembling it, to clear the decks from their ailing mall business and have enough left over. I simply can’t see that arm of their empire bring anything other than a huge millstone round their necks in the current market place.
I'm even wondering if this whole charade around a sale wasn't simply an attempt to bolster the share price to secure a refinancing of the debt on their mall business. If they withdraw from a sale process then it's entirely possible they've secured the finance they need for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.