United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got carried away above. United won't finish in the bottom 3. I idioticly forgot about the officials.

That said if I was the PL, Sky, FA.... I'd put a good documentary crew inside untited over 5 years and I'd insist that PigMol were fair and consistent in all games. They I'd film the demise of united and the eventual rise of united. It'd be a money generator on the scale of Netflix's Drive to Survice and it'd benefit the PL, Sky and the FA. And all they have to do to make all this extra money is to "be honest".

Last edited:
IT'S NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OWNERS!!!!!!!!!!

Sad you are not winning anymore, and sad that other clubs are also now spending money.

It's their recruitment

Maguire, Sancho and Antony cost them about quarter of billion. You can't complain about lack of backing when you've spunked s quarter of a billion on those 3.

One is a meme, one seems to be a lazy headcase thats now publicly arguing with the manager on twitter. And the last one is a football freestyler that contributes nothing but scores a good strike every 15 or 20 games. Like I said yesterday, if you want a player to contribute nothing except 2 screamers a season, give Andros Townsend a bell.

Fantastic recruitment there.

The tarquins did exactly the same thing.
The old cartel clubs (imo) appeared to help one another to achieve their aims.
Absolutely. As long as the money flows they do not care about the results. That was the purpose of the European Superleague. Remove the dependency of the actual sports results.

With all due respect, people have been saying that for years.

They've made good signings on paper, plenty of them, but for whatever reason it doesn't transfer onto the pitch.

They're miles away from being a genuine threat.
So were Liverpool. A decent manager and 3 good players and they won the league.

It's their recruitment

Maguire, Sancho and Antony cost them about quarter of billion.
lol-zhivago1955.gif

khande-%D8%AE%D9%86%D8%AF%DB%8C%D8%AF%D9%86.gif

oliver-hardy-stan-laurel.gif

I agree 100% The rags are a perfect example of a football club whose primary aim is not to win titles, but instead to make money for the owner. Think about that for a minute. A sporting team competing professionally in a sport, but not to win, instead they want to win just enough to guarantee their income. It is a perversion of the idea of sport, really. That is how the american owned clubs work. How anybody who truly loves the sport of football can think these clubs are good for the sport is a riddle to me. These kind owners are parasites on the sport, nothing less.

So long as the hoardes of deluded braindeads keep turning up in their numbers , irrespective of how successful or not the team is, why would the Glazers care ?

They continue to give the manager money for transfers, even though they inevitably fail, and they can carry on collecting their money. Job done .

So were Liverpool. A decent manager and 3 good players and they won the league.

I think united need a hell of a lot more than 3 good players

They ended the game with Evans and Maguire as a defensive partnership yesterday.

Yeah you can say it's down to injuries but that's part of the game. You're not going to be serious challengers when it's even possible to have them 2 on the pitch, regardless of circumstances.

And I don't mean just because of them two, it's clear their squad is far off the mark. I think they need way more than 3 good players.

And that's not even taking into account that you have to actually have a good eye for recruitment, which they don't. The amount of players they bring for big money that can't cut it is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.